xvii.

2014.
13 years.

"I don't wanna do this", Yeonjun mumbled while tying his sneakers.

"You do", Beomgyu ans Junoh both growled, waiting for the eldest of the trio to stop whining and just go hiking as he had promised.

"Oppa, you love hiking", Junoh reasoned.

"Yeah, when it's the three of us and I can be as goofy as I want", he pursed his lips.

"Ooh! Hyung wants to make a good impression!", Beomgyu teased and Juno joined in.

"Yeonjun and Soobin, sitting in a tree...", she started singing.

"I will push you down the stairs next time", Yeonjun's ears, cheeks and neck turned bright red.

"Stop being mean to your sister", their mom came over and gave each a lunchbox. "Sunscreen? Water? Enough charged cellphones?"

"Yes, mom", Yeonjun rolled his eyes when the woman walked towards the kitchen.

"You'll be grounded next time you do that!", she reminded him in a singing voice and Junoh giggled and high-fived Beomgyu.

"Every time she knows. She has superpowers".

"Yeah, to make the best sandwiches ever!", Beomgyu was looking inside the lunchbox Junoh's mom had prepared for him. "Oh, my god. I got animal crackers!"

"Why are you such a child?", Yeonjun said before the bell rang and the blood left his body.

"He looks like he's gonna pass out", Beomgyu commented towards Junoh, as if he hadn't heard Yeonjun's last comment.

"Should we bring him a sugary tea so he doesn't die?", she replied with half a smile.

The bell again.

"Junoh, do something!", Yeonjun panicked.

"Something like this?", she opened the door and heard her brother leaving to his room at a rapid pace. "Hi, Soobin oppa!", greeting the last person they needed to leave, she closed the door after he got in.

"Hey guys", he smiled. "Oh, you are prepared", he commented looking at the lunchboxes.

"Mom made you one too, it's in the kitchen. Beomgyu, please go pick it up?"

"B–"

"Please go pick it up?", she raised her eyebrows and opened her eyes as much as she could.

"Aye aye!"

"So... where's hyung?", he asked casually but Junoh knew better. He wanted to know if he'd get a chance of alone time with Yeonjun.

"Had to do something upstairs before leaving, I guess", she shrugged. "Why do you wanna know?"

Blush crept on his lips.

"Oh, well. Because I thought all four of us were going", he scratched his neck and smiles sheepishly. "That's all".

"Okay", she smiled and raised her eyebrows towards him. "So it's not because you like him?"

"Of course I like him", he giggled nervously. "He's a great friend".

"Soobin hyung got two animal crackers, I feel so attacked right now", Beomgyu was just always out of context, which made Junoh just smile and shrug.

"Maybe because he's more lovable than you", she replied, side hugging Soobin, who looked a bit uncomfortable with the previous topic still.

"Oh no. You can have all the animal crackers, but Junoh is mine", he took her arm and pulled her towards him so she smashed against his chest, and even when she protested that he was cutting off her oxygen, he hugged her closely.

"Looks like you guys are dating", Yeonjun finally came out of his hiding place.

"Ew", them both separated and avoided eye contact with each other.

Junoh had to think very hardly on dog poop so her face wouldn't heat up and embarrass her now. It had started happening a while ago, whenever she thought about the kiss she had shared with Beomgyu, or whenever he was too cuddly or he behaved possessive over her as if he was jealous.

Of course it wasn't that kind of jealousy, but it somehow made her overthink things. Because she didn't want to be the only one developing feelings. She didn't want to ruin that special friendship, companionship she had with Beomgyu. She wanted to be his forever and if it meant to be only his friend, she'd do that.

Even when she had realized after kissing him that she had a huge fat crush on him. It was the kind of crush that made her tingly, and her stomach to do turns whenever he was around. The kind of crush that makes you imagine a future together, and that makes you think about what it would look like. It was the type of crush that made her completely fuzzy on the inside, melting her brain and making her skin burn whenever and wherever he touched her.

She felt so embarrassed about it, though. Falling for her best friend... it was more like a sad romantic movie that ends with a tear-producing scene.

She didn't want her final scene with Beomgyu to ever be a sad one. Even if she had to be by his side only by being his friend, then she would. Because loving him half as strong as she could was better than not being able to love him at all.

"You've been awfully quiet", Yeonjun started walking at her same pace, his right food hitting the ground at the same time as hers, and then the left one.

"I'm kinda tired", she shrugged. "Mister Han handed us a stupid homework that I haven't been able to crack yet".

"Need any Yeonjun magic?", he smiled and she snorted.

"Yeah, as if you could teach me".

"Yah! I am smart", he crossed his arms. "And handsome, and tall, and my lips are so kissable".

"Sure, sure", she rolled her eyes. Her brother let out a sigh.

"You know what? Whoever would be lucky to have me because I am a catch, and you don't want to admit that I am the good-looking sibling in this duo".

"Because I am", she smiled.

"You're not".

"Wanna bet?"

"Sure, because I am the good-looking one".

"Yah, Soobin oppa!", she called for the boy she was sure her brother had a crush on. Once he turned around –with Beomgyu, who was walking next to him– she signaled to herself and then Yeonjun. "Who's more pretty?"

"Yeonjun", Soobin replied, with his cheeks red as beets, while Beomgyu tilted his head and answered as if it was obvious: "You!"

Proposal ; beomgyu (completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara