ix.

2014.
13 years.

Junoh watched with awe the way Yeonjun had become a fluffy ball around Soobin.

She had always known her brother liked boys –it was no secret–, but Yeonjun had always behaved and kept his cool around the guys he'd liked in the past.

He was the one approaching the other, the one flirting and the one asking the other out. Yeonjun was always the one to kiss first, and to let go last, because he was always confident.

But when it came to Soobin, everything that Yeonjun was, suddenly changed. Everything that Yeonjun thought he knew was always taken down by Soobin showing him new ways.

It had been Beomgyu's birthday a couple of days ago, which meant they had met Soobin exactly a month before this day. It was funny how Junoh was Beomgyu's elder, yet the difference between their birthdays was so little they had decided they were basically twins.

It was now March 16.

Which meant they would be doing their sleepover. Since they had been going more often to Soobin's work place, and he'd transferred schools to the same they attended, Junoh could definitely state they were friends.

Which meant, it was a must for Bemgyu to invite Soobin.

"But I want it to be as it's always been", the boy whined and Junoh smacked his arm, making him flinch. "Yah! We don't tolerate violence in this household!"

"Oh sorry. Animal mistreatment is wrong", she shrugged and he pinched her sides, tickling her.

"Why do you want to invite him so much? It's not like we've been friends that long and also... do you like him?", Beomgyu's face was struck with shock and realization.

Junoh just rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"There's a Choi who like Soobin, but it's not me".

"Well, it's not me either, and I am also a Choi", Beomgyu then gasped. "Yeonjun noona likes Soobin?!"

"Shh!", she launched forward, placing both her hands on his mouth. He had raised his eyebrows so much, Junoh feared they might fall off. "He doesn't know it".

"Soobin hyung?"

"Yeonjun", Junoh stated as if it was obvious.

"You're telling me Yeonjun noona likes Soobin but he doesn't know that he likes Soobin?"

"Well, yeah", she smiled. "This is not like a tiny crush or like Woochan, his last boyfriend. I can feel it in my bones, they are soulmates", she sighed contentedly.

"Since when do you believe in soulmates?", he pursed his lips in a little pout.

She wasn't going to tell him.

Junoh would never admit that Choi Beomgyu was the reason she believed in soulmates. She wasn't about to admit that maybe her heart felt fuzzy every time he touched her or smiled at her.

Nope.

"I guess I am a romantic, don't you think?", she smiled.

"You think worms are romantic", Beomgyu scrunched his nose.

The memory of the first time they met was a current topic, Beomgyu stating that he couldn't believe he'd befriended a girl who would dare to pick up an awful moist worm as if it was a pet.

Truth be told, for her the memory was romantic.

"You should be respectful of your evolutionary ancestors", she raised her eyebrows and Beomgyu groaned.

He suddenly launched towards her, attacking her with tickles. She was gasping for air and giggling like a child in less than a second, and she thought the moment was perfect.

Panting, Beomgyu sat up on his knees, looking at an extremely blushed Junoh.

"That's what you get for saying im an insect", he crossed his arms in front of his chest proudly.

"Worms are annelida", she rolled her eyes and Beomgyu groaned before attacking her with tickles again.

"Why are you suck a nerd!", he giggled at her giggles.

She wasn't able to respond in between pants and giggles and squirms.

He stopped, but his closeness never left her. She looked up at Beomgyu to find him smiling and his eyes crinkling.

"What?", she pursed her lips, and moved so she could sit.

"No", Beomgyu pushed her so she was laying down again. Her eyebrows shot up instantly, but her heart hammered against her chest in excitement.

"What..?"

"Can I kiss you?", he mumbled.

"Why?", she was breathless.

Of course she wanted him to kiss her, but why did he want to his her? Why?

"Practice", the boy shrugged.

Junoh knew the way her heart dropped was not healthy. But it still hurt, even when she knew she had no business having feelings for the boy who'd been like a brother to her ever since they met.

Yet still there she was, feeling more enamored than ever. Of Choi Beomgyu.

"Okay", she squeaked.

If he wanted to kiss her, she'd take it. Even if it was just practice. Because there would maybe never be another chance for her to touch his lips with her and she really wanted to.

Junoh really wanted to kiss Beomgyu.

So the boy smiled at her answer and hovered a little over her, his face inches apart from hers and his breath fanning against her skin. She wouldn't admit it but she was so stiff, she'd been in this position with Beomgyu several times during their friendship years. But now it was different. It felt completely different.

"Are you sure?"

"Are you gonna kiss me or not?", her eyebrows knitted and he giggled before rolling his eyes.

"You're so bossy", he mumbled softly and then pressed their lips together.

Her soul left her body, and then she regained consciousness and lifted her hand towards the back of his neck, caressing the skin available and smiling into his lips.

It was not the first time either of them kissed someone, but it was the first time they'd kissed each other.

And Junoh would always cherish that day as the day she had her first kiss.

Because it was the first one that mattered, the first one that took her breath away and that confirmed her growing suspicions.

She was falling in love with Choi Beomgyu.

__
we love inspiration strikes right?

-baobab