xxiv.

Final chapter.

2024.
23 years.

"Can you please stop fidgeting", Junoh rolled her eyes at Beomgyu.

"Sorry", he mumbled and then pecked her cheek. "I'm just nervous".

"Why?", her brows furrowed. He'd been acting weird since that morning, but she decided to let it slide. Sometimes he just was weird.

"It's the opening for my last collection", he looked at her. "And also it's the first collection I drop with you by my side", he smiled while saying so.

"Then you should be anything but nervous. I'm here now", her hand went to his crazy long locks and caressed his hair. "And I don't plan on leaving you anytime soon".

Junoh fixed the collar of Beomgyu's shirt and smiled. He let out a shaky breath and she raised her eyebrows, to which he let out a small giggle.

"Relax, it's gonna go amazing just as all your past collections", she smiled softly and he rested his forehead on hers. "And if it doesn't, then we'll make sure the next collection is completely sold out", she hugged him around his waist.

"I love you", he was breathless. She opened her eyes and pecked his lips, wiping her lipgloss off them right after.

"And I love you", she replied. The way his posture relaxed and he melted on her touch made her heart feel proud.

She was the reason he wasn't scared anymore. She was the reason he was at ease and less stressed about work. She was able to love him until he felt better. And that's all Junoh could've ever dreamt of.

She stood at the front, her lavender colored chiffon dress hung perfectly around her body, and her braided hair made her feel like a princess. Beomgyu had brought it with him the day before, stating he had just seen it at a store and it would look perfect on her.

"Hello, to all my guests", Beomgyu was standing in a small podium, holding a microphone and wearing his suit. He had insisted he'd wear a lavender colored tie, just to let everyone know that he was matching with Junoh, and that she definitely already had a date: him. "You see, this collection is very special to me. It's the first collection I drop with my beautiful fiancé by my side", he smiled.

The crowd clapped and she could see from the corner of her eye that Yeonjun and Soobin were there. They walked through the crowd to stand next to her and they both hugged her shortly before turning their attention to Beomgyu.

"You see, the color palette I chose is a very specific one; and I really worked hard on finding the perfect hues in everyday life to bring this collection together", he smiled. "For this collection, I also had to take several trips to several beaches and lakes", he smiled.

"He looks like a nerve wreck, and I don't know why", she mumbled towards her brother.

"He just wants to impress you", he smiled. Junoh nodded; Beomgyu had always thrived on making her loved ones proud and happy.

"So the color palette. You will see hues of sage green, and some blueish grays here and there. Pink and white, and mustard yellow", he smiled. I will not get in your way anymore, and let's get the photographies out in the open!", he smiled. The first picture was revealed.

Junoh's sunglasses were in the middle of a white nightstand. They were sage green, with little black speckles. A simple first shot, an inviting opening to the whole collection.

One by one, the pictures were revealed. Junoh cooking, her hair disheveled and her back towards the camera while she wore a gray nightgown.

Next picture, Junoh's shoes next to his on the entrance to their home. Hers were thrown here and there, like she had taken them off in a rush, and his were perfectly placed one next to the other. Her sneakers pink and his were white colored.

Next picture, Junoh's hand with mustard and sage green colored nail art. Each picture he had taken was added to the collection, and in each of them he referenced her.

"If you haven't already noticed, I am a man who is very much head deep in love", he let out a shaky breath. "This collection is called Junoh".

Her heart stopped. An enormous grin plastered on her face and her cheeks felt like burning. She wanted to disappear but also a light to shine on her, as if to tell everyone: "hey, it's me. The collection is named after me, I am his muse!".

"Can you come up here?", his eyes twinkled. She nodded slowly and could feel her brother's hand take hers for a little second and give it a small squeeze.

She made her way up there and looked into his eyes. When she was with him, she didn't need anything else.

"See, we've been together now engaged for about five months", he licked his lips. "I asked you to marry me under the stars in a summer night, and you said no", he smiled.

The crowd giggled along, and she already could feel her eyes filling up with tears. She looked into the crowd and could see Taehyun and Kai there, too. They wore soft smiles.

"But then you said yes, and you made me the happiest. I am the happiest when you are with me, and every single second I don't have you around feels like torture. But I endure it because I know that when I get home, you'll be there to say hello and hug me so tightly my lungs collapse", she smiled and wiped a single stay tear from her face.

"And I don't ever want to not have that. I never, ever, in a million years, thought that my soulmate was actually meant to be with me. But you are, and I am, and we are destined for each other. We always have, ever since you were looking for insects in your front yard those many years ago, and I promise that I fell in love the moment my eyes laid on your dirt-covered face. I am yours, forever, and I wouldn't want it any other way. There's no other ending written for our story but pure bliss and eternal companionship", he signaled someone and the last piece of the collection was revealed.

It was a heart, shaped from heart-shaped rocks. The one she had given him in the past was in the middle. Now her eyes were waterfalls.

"I looked for heart-shaped rocks. And I promised myself that, as long as I can find one, my love for you will only grow and be nurtured. Your started this, you know? The moment that rock came to my hands I knew I would love you forever, and now I am here, after a month of tumbling rocks and finding the perfect shapes for this day, with one purpose: this is my proposal".

A gasp escaped her lips.

"I promise to always love you, even when I feel like hating you, and to always hold you, even when you tell me not to. I will work every day to be a better man than the day before, and to always cherish you. I will work to make you happy as long as you let me, and I promise to never lose hope in us. Because, when we're together, we're invincible. When we're together, the world is ours. And there's no one I would rather own the world than with you. So, Choi Junoh, will you marry me?"

"Yes. I will. And I will always love you".