xiii.

2017.
16 years.

Stargazing was the most favorite activity to do with Beomgyu. Junoh always ended up looking at him instead of looking at the stars, but it was completely fine.

He was perfect.

She knew she had been brewing feelings for him for a while, but she had decided to not pay attention to them. She would feel warm in his embrace and hug him back with all her might, hoping he would realize how much she actually liked him. How her feelings had grown from friendship to... love.

Junoh hated that word, but the feeling warmed her heart in so many ways she actually forgot about how the word had changed for her in the last couple of years. Love was pathetic.

"Stop looking at me".

"Who said I was? Don't flatter yourself", Junoh rolled her eyes and then turned to look at the sky.

"Are you still upset?", he asked out of the blue.

Junoh sighed.

"Well, that answers it all", Beomgyu said and nudged her playfully before taking his camera and pointing it to the starry sky.

She rolled her lips together but said nothing. She wasn't upset, she hadn't been upset all day. She was just annoyed.

"You can just admit you were jealous", a giggle escaped his lips.

"I would admit it if it was true", she replied and looked through her own camera's viewfinder.

"So you weren't", his voice sounded muffled because of the muffin he had started munching on.

"Why are you always so pushy", her question ended up more like a statement due to her annoyance. Why was he pursuing it so much? "Do you want me to say I was jealous, huh?"

"I was joking. No need to be a nincompoop about it".

Junoh snorted.

"A nico- what?"

"See? You were annoyed and I dis–annoyed you!"

"Ugh! Yes I was!", Junoh sighed and set her camera on the blanket. "What's the matter with you? I can't just be annoyed?"

"Was it Seolmi?"

"I don't even know who that is", Junoh lied.

Of course she knew who Cha Seolmi was. A freaking prissy princess, whi was currently flirting every single fucking day with Beomgyu. She was so up her own ass she couldn't even notice that he was talking to Junoh, and decided to slip her arm through his, locking them, and walking away with him.

Or maybe she had done it on purpose.

Whichever reason, it still made Junoh's blood boil. It's not like she felt Beomgyu was hers, but why on earth did Seolmi always come up to him when he was with Junoh?

"Ah", was all he could say. "I also am sorry to have left you there by the lockers today", he pouted while still looking at the sky through his camera, and Junoh was so tempted to take a picture of him. He looked breathtaking.

"It's okay. I'm a big girl, I can manage being on ma' own", she tried joking.

"But I don't ever want to leave you alone".

"Stop it", she muttered. "I don't wanna talk about it, but I will someday stop missing him this much. You don't need to stop living your life because you want mine to be less miserable".

"Do I make you less miserable, Junoh?", he asked.

"You make me happy", the reply left both of them shocked.

His hand fell on hers, interlocking their fingers while they looked at each other. He had a soft smile and had left his camera aside. His other hand came to caress her cheek, a small glint of something she couldn't recognize shone in his irises. The other thumb caressed her knuckles and made a rush of electricity run through her veins.

"I love you".

Junoh nodded, a small tear escaping her eye. He brushed it off and smiled at her widely. Her skin craved for her touch, so she leaned into his hand, making Beomgyu giggle.

"I love you so much, Choi Junoh", he murmured again and leaned in so he could kiss her forehead. "And I always will. I don't think there's a moment in life I won't love you".

"That's not true", she mumbled. "What if you fall in love with someone? Then you will have to stop loving me".

"I won't ever stop", he smiled softly and his thumb caressed her knuckles again. "Not even when I stop breathing will I stop loving you".

"Okay", she smiled breathlessly. "I love you too, you know?"

"Yeah, I know. And Seolmi is nothing like that to me. I don't have space in my heart to love anyone else", he shrugged. "So no need to be jealous".

"I wasn't!", she smacked his shoulder. "What a way to ruin the moment, Gyu", she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, whatever you say. Miss Jealousy".

"I will leave", her eyebrows knitted together, so he just let out a loud laugh and held her close to him, making them roll over so she was now laying on top of him.

"You're so skinny, Junoh", he looked worried.

"It's the depression", she shrugged trying to make it funny.

"Not funny", he caressed her back, looking into her eyes.

"You know what?", she then pursed her lips.

"What?"

"I don't think I could ever love someone else", she admitted.

"You're so cute", he giggled and she laughed while hiding her face on the crook of his neck. "But that's perfect, because I don't want you to ever stop loving me".

"Good".

"Good", he carded his fingers through her hair.

She then started listening to his heartbeat. A song she didn't want to ever stop listening to. Her breathing started to slow down, and her eyes to drop, and Beomgyu kept massaging her scalp.

It was warm and everything she needed. She hadn't been able to have a good night's sleep in a while –ever since her father was found dead–, and now tiredness was weighing on her.

"You can sleep, baby", he murmured and she nodded, half asleep already. "I will fight all the demons away".

---
Okay but no one told me how much fluff is enough fluff, so here you go!

(o ^-^)o

I love you all!

Praying for Ukraine. In this moment, where nothing is certain, our best wishes and good energy is all we can give. So let's have them all in our hearts and hope for s better time to come soon.

Take care.

-baobab.