xix.

2023.
22 years

She rolled her eyes. He didn't have a say in anything, and even what he was saying was stupid.

So she closed the door on Beomgyu's face. It didn't matter that she was the one standing on the outside of the house, nor that it was pouring rain, her hair was sticking to her face and she felt like crying.

"Stop being ridiculous", Beomgyu opened his door and took her hand, trying to get her to come inside the apartment complex.

"I should say that to you", she barked back. "You've been saying only ridiculous things ever since I came to meet you".

"They're not stupid. I was hust wondering why were you hanging out with Kai, and holding onto his arm as if he's your boyfriend".

"If he's my boyfriend or not, it's not your business".

"Of course it's my business, Junoh", he shook his head lightly and took her other hand, caressing the skin. "You're wet, please come inside so you can shower and dry yourself".

She debated with herself. Beomgyu had always cared about her, that was true. And after she had confessed her feelings towards him, not only had he said he felt the same, but he had started looking her with a different kind of shine in his eyes.

She knew he loved her, and she was sure as hell she loved him. But she was also hurt. Why wouldn't he just break up with his girlfriend, if he loved her? If he had always loved her?

They definitely needed to talk, that was a no brainer, but why did it feel like after the talk they'd had, something would change forever and someone's heart would forever be broken? Junoh certainly didn't want her heart to be broken, but she also dreaded to break his heart.

He was her person, even if he had someone else. And she didn't want to break his heart.

"Okay", she let him drag her inside the building and then inside his apartment.

"You're soaking", he murmured as he pinched the code for his door. "I'm so sorry".

She stayed silent.

"I will bring you some of my clothes to the bathroom. It's in my room, so you can go in and shower there", he pointed down the hall.

Junoh walked silently to Beomgyu's bathroom and looked around, her eyes wandering around and her nose delighted with the smell of him.

Entering the bathroom, she started undressing herself, and it was not until Beomgyu opened the door without knocking, that she realized what was going on.

"Oh! I-I'm sorry", he covered his eyes and she sighed, taking the clothes and towel from his arms.

"It's okay", she mumbled. It felt like all the energy was drained from her body. "Thank you".

He nodded, but didn't leave the bathroom. His hand still covered his eyes, and Junoh sighed.

"What?"

"You're so goddamn beautiful", he confessed. Her heart felt like it was gonna explode, and she wondered when she had started to feel like a teenager in love. "I am so in love with you, Junoh".