Part two: Medicine

Part two out! Tysm for reading, maybe comment? Ty! :3

Word count: 1260

Two weeks have passed since Danny sent you out to get anything for his selfish self. You were confused as to why he wasn't giving you any tasks, but you enjoyed the free time nonetheless. During that time you were able to cook for Mary and Kai, and you read, which was something you really enjoyed. There weren't many books to read, but y/f/b was enough to satisfy you. Right now you were outside, sitting on the roof and gazing around. You heard someone rustling behind you, and you instantly turned to see Mary.

"Oh. It's just you." Mary sat besides you, staring off into the distance with you.

"I'm worried about Kai." She said suddenly, surprising you. "Why? Is something wrong?" She looked into your eyes, concern clouding her thoughts.

"You already know that he's a sick kid. Whatever illness he has, it's not going away. It left last year, and I was starting to think it finally subsided, but I was wrong. I woke up to hear him coughing like a madman. It was the deep, throaty cough that he used to have."

You bit your lip. Kai was a strong little kid. Sadly, he wasn't physically strong. From what you knew, he had some sort of illness that nobody ever identified. It had become a part of your life, listening to him coughing and choking on air at random moments. He wasn't able to laugh a lot, or else he broke into a coughing fit. He also lost weight dangerously fast, and at the worst times, would cough up blood. Not to mention his bones were quite weak.

"Did you give him medicine?" You asked, turning away from her.

"No. We don't have any. I tried asking around the neighborhood but nobody wants to lend us any. I offered to buy it, but they still wouldn't! Oh y/n, what are we going to do?" She broke into a sob, crying on your shoulder. You gently patted her back, feeling your gaze soften.

"I'll get him medicine. Don't worry." Mary looked up, a trail of clear liquid running down her nose. Ew. I'm going to have to wash this shirt later today. It didn't bother you too much, though.

"How?"

"I'll just go to the store."

"They don't have any. I already tried that! They said they were out of stock of a lot of medicine, and that the upper ground people are refusing to send us any!" Hm. How typical for those spoiled, selfish rats. They don't know what it's like to truly suffer.

"Pathetic. I'll get it some way, don't worry."You got up, not waiting for a reply. "Take care of him while I'm gone."

"You're going now?" Without responding, you jumped down the roof and landed on the ground. Your house wasn't very tall, so the impact wasn't too bad. Dusting off your ripped pants, you began to think. Where would I find medicine that isn't in stock? I can just take it from somebody, I bet those morons don't even need it. Walking up to a doorstep not too far from your house, you knocked harshly. A fat man with a half shaved beard appeared, a towel wrapped around his lower body. His hairy ass chest was exposed. You blushed, humiliated at the sight. How disgusting.

"What do you want?" The man spat, a drop of water falling down his forehead. "I was cleansing up until you interrupted me."

"Medicine." You spat. You weren't in the mood for big talk. "Fegz-2 medicine. You got any?"

(Pretend fegz-2 medicine was the only medication that helped Kai, okay? Ok. Also pretend it's really rare and costs a lot of money 💰)

The fat man chuckled, his chin bouncing at the movement. It was enough to make you vomit, but you held it in. You felt the urge to wipe that smile off his face, but you reminded yourself you were doing this for Kai.

"Maybe I do. Maybe I don't. Even if I did, I wouldn't give it to you for free." Anger bubbled inside you, and it took all your willpower to not strangle the man.

"Listen up, fat ass. You either got it or you don't- I'm in no mood to wait here like an idiot while you stand here half naked." You gave him your coldest glare, but he didn't seem affected.

"Oh come on, honey. I'll tell you if I got any, but only if we have a little fun first." That's it. You grabbed him by the neck and slammed his face against the door. He instantly fell unconscious, and you let him tumble to the ground.

"You fat pervert piece of crap." You spat on him as you leapt away.

"Y/n!" You heard someone call your name, and you slowly turned around half expecting some person to try and arrest you. It happened twice before. Of course, you always got away. But the person you saw was in fact no military police, it was your only friend, Kyle. You enjoyed his company, but you never told him that.

"What is it, bed hair? I'm kinda busy." You told him as you turned back, walking away. Of course, he followed you.

"Why do you call me that? My hair is awesome and you're just too wimp to admit it." He snickered as you punched him in the ribs. It wasn't a hard punch, but it was enough to leave a bruise. He was right though, you kinda did have feelings for him. His dark brown hair was always a mess, but it was a good mess. Instead of the wrong direction, his hair was sprayed in all the right directions. Plus, his dark brown hair color really went well with his walnut colored skin, and his deep brown eyes.

"Shut up. If you're here you might as well help me. Know anywhere we could get fegz-2?" He looked at you with worried eyes. "Is it Kai again? I thought the sickness left him!" You shook your head, going up another doorstep and knocking. Some lady with greasy hair and bruises opened the door. You asked her and she declined having any. For the next few hours you and Kyle searched for the medicine, but it was all in vain. How did nobody have it? You were tempted to search their houses, but you weren't that low.

"This is really bad. Kai might get more sick and it's all my fault. I can't even do the simplest task." You never talk so freely, but you knew Kyle understood and respected you. He was the only exception to your soft side. The only person you could vent to.

"Hey, you're trying. You can't read people's minds and see if they are lying or telling the truth, and plus, you literally work everyday just for them. You protect them and you never fail them. You're the best thing that ever happened to them. Though, I do agree on the dumb part." He snickered and you shoved him.

"Whatever." You still felt guilty. Nothing would change that.

"Well, I guess I'll get going. I'll keep an eye out for any fegz-2. See you later." Kyle patted ypur shoulder. "And remember, you're not a failure. I know that look." You shrugged away from him, sighing.

"Whatever. I'll see you later." You turned before he could say anything and walked in the direction of your home.