Part three: Runaway

Part three out, ty for almost thirty reads ^^

Word count: 2759

You went up to your doorstep, feeling completely and utterly defeated. It seemed that there was nowhere in the entire underground city that contained the scarce medicine you greatly needed. You weren't one to cry over small things, but you had to admit picturing the look of disappointment Mary would display when she found out you didn't get it caused a small lump in your throat. I'm so useless I can't even find a damn medicine. Opening the door, you heaved a sigh. You instantly noticed something was off when neither Mary nor Kai came running up to you. Looking up, you gasped. You felt your heart drop... and your hands curled into tight fists.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO!" You screamed as you ran into the house, unable to control your anger. There, on the floor, laid Mary. Her face was smeared with blood, a long cut on her stomach gushing out blood. The only indication she was alive was the faint rise and fall of her chest.

"She disobeyed me. I taught her a lesson." Danny spoke, his voice plain and unemotional. "She was trying to persuade me to spend money on Kai to get him fresh water. Those ungrateful pieces of crap, I gave them water this morning!"

Looking up to him, you clenched your fists.

"You beat her like she was trash- you- you little mother fucking bitch!" You screamed as you threw a punch for his jaw. All these years of following his orders... all these years of taking care of Mary and Kai... all these years of putting up with HIS bull crap. You would always let your emotions gather inside, keeping them away from people. But this time... you didn't care. Hot tears streamed down your cheek, staining your eyes. He quickly moved to avoid your punch, but you ended up hitting his right cheek.

"How dare you! You know what- I've had enough of your fucking nonsense. You're nothing but another mouth to feed! You don't even help out, you just take advantage of me and use my money like the ungrateful brat you are! No. I'm not putting up with it anymore, you're going to learn your place or GET OUT!"

Anger clouded any other thoughts. Grabbing your knife from out your shoe pocket, you quickly turned and sliced him in the cheek. He gasped in surprise, but you didn't let him recover and instantly punched him in the guts and knocked all the air out of him. You took a step back, eyeing the now bleeding man.

"Fine. I will leave." You growled, clenching the knife so hard your hand trembled. Taking a deep breath in, you calmed yourself and put the blade away. Turning around, you headed towards the door. This bitch doesn't even appreciate me! He uses me to get what he wants, and then treats me like crap! It's better if I leave. I'm taking Mary and Kai with me, and we're going to get away from this horrid place. Suddenly you felt someone grab your wrist, jerking you back. You grunted as you felt strong arms wrap around you, a knife to your throat.

"Listen here- you're not leaving. You're never leaving." He growled close to your ear and you could smell the cigarettes in his breath. Trying to jerk out his grasp, you felt him squeeze you harshly and he brought the knife closer.

"Let me go!" You sneered through clenched teeth. Your eyes traveled to the blade, and you finally realized what kind of situation you were in. There was no way to get out his iron grasp, and if you even tried to, he would cut your throat out. Finally giving in, you let yourself go limp. He loosened his grip just a little, but he still held on with an iron fist.

"Good. Now, you need to be punished for the disruption you've caused. No food today, and you're going to spend the rest of the day cleaning out my room. Then tomorrow, you're spending the day in the basement. I'm letting you off easy, you should be thankful." Thankful? Thankful? You clenched your fists and suddenly rammed your head into his. He fell back with a gasp, blood dripping down his busted lip.