Part five: Masked Criminal

Omg guys- 70 reads?! Thanks broskis! I should be working on Spanish homework but lmfao this is better
Anyways, enjoy! This chapter is quite long. Oh, also, sorry it's taking so long to meet up with Levi. I promise you'll get some action soon!

Word count: 3171

You adjusted her pin and clipped it in place, then turned to Mary and did the same. Once you were done you told them to put their hoods on and follow you. Opening the door, you looked both ways to make sure nobody was following you. Once the coast was clear, you lead them in the shadows while making your way to the place Kyle directed you to.

"Y/N!" You heard someone whisper scream behind you, and you turned to see Mary panting. "Please, slow down! Me and Bella are not as fast as you."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was just really concentrating. Take a moment to catch your breath, and Mary if your rib hurts just tell me." You three were standing at the entrance of a building, surrounded by a busy street. Some people shot you weary glances and rushed to get away. Most just avoided you, starting with scared eyes. You turned to a young boy with red hair and he screamed and ran away. Huh? Why is everyone scared of me?

"These people are acting strange.." You whispered out loud. Mary nodded and Bella pointed to something behind you.

"That might explain why." She said. You followed her gaze to see a "Wanted" picture on a street light pole. You walked closer to it until you were able to read the words. It had a picture of you, or what you assumed was you. It was hard to tell because all there was was a hooded figure in black. The only skin visible was your lips and s/c skin. You ripped it off the pole to get a better look.

Wanted: Masked Criminal

WANTED ALIVE

Description: S/C skin color. Short height about 5'1. Mostly seen mugging in abandoned allies and beating other criminals. Eye color Unknown. Age Unknown. Gender Unknown.

Wanted for theft, assault, and harming others. If found, turn them into the Military Police and wait to retrieve your award.

Award may vary

You laughed. You were already a top criminal? How interesting. You were also wanted alive... so they must want something of you. You reread it, your eyes landing on "Award may vary". They better not be offering a puny prize, I'm worth at least 5k. Handing it to Bella who had followed, you walked over to some person that was watching you. As you stepped in their direction, they flinched, and when you were five feet away, they put their hands out.

"Please don't hurt me! Here, take my money, take all I have, just dont kill me!" She threw her bag to your feet and some coins fell out.

You frowned. These people seem to think of me as a monster. Why is that? I haven't killed anyone in my life, so why would I start now? Picking up the purse, you observed her. She was trembling, a few tears falling down her eyes. She seemed to be about 50, and her hair had some grey streaks to it. Glancing around, you saw most people had fled from the scene, but some were watching you while hiding behind something. Turning back to the lady, you put your hand out to give her the purse back. She looked at you with scared eyes and didn't say anything or even try to take it. You weren't about to break your silent streak, so you waved it in her face. Are you gonna take it or not?

Suddenly all the air was knocked out of your lungs and you went flying across the street. You crashed into a wall, the impact making you gasp in pain. You fell to the ground, spitting out blood. How the hell did that happen? Was it the Military Police? Looking up, you saw the lady running away as well as the remaining people who were watching. Where had that come from? You didn't see anyone besides Bella and Mary. Mary was running towards you, but you motioned for her to stay there. She didn't listen, and you forced yourself to your knees and signed "GO!" with your hands. You knew sign language, and only used it in emergencies.