Part 15: When a carrot likes you but you hate vegetables (lmfao)

This may potentially be the last time I update this fiction, thank you all for reading this. I am just too unmotivated to continue it, however, I think the plot was good and the ideas in my head were very interesting. Perhaps one day I'll come back.

Word count: 4070

.

.

.

A couple days had passed since that very embarrassing moment, and you tried your best to just forget it. So far, it was working. Well, except for when you'd see Levi staring at you. Like he was doing right now.

It was dinner and you were sitting alone at a table, picking pieces off a loaf of bread and shoving them in your mouth. You felt very self conscious.

Stealing a small glance over your shoulder, your heart skipped a beat when you saw Levi sitting with Hange. He stole a glance at you, realized you were watching him, and looked away. You turned your focus back to your food with a small blush.

"Yo yo yo, y/n, what's up," a voice greeted from behind you. Someone slammed their tray next to you, followed by more people. You looked up to see Jean, the horse face kid, sitting next to you, while his other friends filled in the seats.

"We came to your rescue, you looked very lonely." The girl you recognized as Sasha told you. You felt a small shimmer of gratitude but you didn't say anything.

"Come on, we know you have a voice down in there." Eren pointed to your heart. "I bet you're a very talkative person, we just gotta crack open that seal."

Sasha whipped her head. "Kinda like a peanut!" They all laughed.

You rolled your eyes with a small smile.

"Woah- see that? She smiled!" Jean declared as he playfully shoved you. You sent him a glare. "Oh come on, show everyone that smile! You look very beautiful when you're not so emotionless." That was either a compliment or an insult.

"Jean, stop trying to flatter her." A rough but calm voice came from beside Eren. You remembered her, she was the girl you fought in that great chase. "Y/n will talk when she feels ready, there's no need to pressure her." For some reason the way she spoke about you, in such a motherly way, made you feel comforted. You cast her a small smile that only she could see, and she returned it with a cute grin. Something about her reminded you of the Corporal.

"Where's the mute button," Connie, a kid next to Jean, joked. "Let me see it, maybe she'll open up and talk to us!" Jean shoved him in a playful manner and shook his head.

"No no, Mikasa is right. She'll talk when she feels ready," he crossed his arms and closed his eyes in a want-to-be responsible way, making everyone at the table laugh. You mustered a small giggle. Jean looked up all confused. "What? Why are you guys laughing?"

"Jean has the hots for Mikasa," Armin whispered to you from where he sat to the right of you. You nodded in understanding.

Jean looked away in frustrated embarrassment, which only caused them to laugh more. You felt so much more comfortable and at ease with them, it gave you a pang of longing. Longing to be their friend, but was it worth it? If you were their friend, wouldn't that be unloyal to Mary and Bella? You couldn't have friends if they were suffering. You couldn't be enjoying yourself if they were miserable. That wasn't fair. And the only reason they were miserable was because of you. Your face fell in sadness without you realizing, and someone asked if you were okay, but you could barely hear them.

They were in this mess because of you. You brought them into your custody. You are the reason Danny uses them to blackmail you. And you promised to protect them. But you failed. Kai was dead because of you.