Part 7: His Prise

Hello besties! I'm so sorry for not updating in a while... I guess just life and laziness got in, lol. I hate how people make me fall for them. Make me love them. Then once I do catch feelings, they abandon me and treat me like a little dirt on the street walk. And the thing is, everyone is the same. It's hard to trust. Anyways, here the next part, please enjoy ^^

Word count: 1316

• Time skip brought to you by me coming back after almost a month•

The old lady was sweet and kind, but also straight to the point. She gave you the medicine with no further interruptions. You smiled hopefully as you patted your shorts pocket, a small vial poking out. This is it! This will relieve Kai's symptoms! For once you felt pure joy, not caring about the consequences that shadowed your deal with Danny. You ran in the underground city, your aching joints ready to collapse but your spirit high. Once the small shed came into view, you almost jumped in joy. Racing in, you slammed the door open and yelled out;

"I'm here! I have it!" Looking to the bed, you saw Mary cradling Kai's head while he looked at you with half closed eyes. He attempted a small smile, but a wave of weak coughs took over. Mary looked up at you, hope flaring through her eyes.

"Y/n! I was starting to worry, you took so long!"

"What matters is that I'm here. Kai, drink this." You sat next to them while opening the small vile, placing it next to Kai's lips. You parted his delicate mouth to gently pour the contents of the small vile down his throat. He gulped, coughing as the liquid made its way to his stomach. A bit of color returned to his full blue eyes, making them seemingly brighter.

"Thank you..." he whispered, slouching back onto the bed. You smiled as you watched his stressed face soften as he fell into a peaceful sleep. Patting his forehead, you turned to Mary and returned the relieved smile she displayed.

"Oh y/n... I'm so glad you came. He was getting so bad... I really thought he was going to..." she didn't finish her sentence as a silent sob forced itself out of her. She bit your lip, guilt for all the worry you caused her.

"I know. I'm sorry I couldn't come faster, I ran into some.... trouble." She looked up at you, her eyes stained from crying. As she opened her mouth you expected some sort of scolding, but what she said caught you off guard.

"How are we going to manage without you?"

"What?"

She got off the bed and stood in front of you.

"Danny. You're his now... He-he's going to take you from us. We're going to be alone. I-I don't know how Bella, Kai and I will survive if you're not here to help. I'm so sorry. You did all this for Kai. For me. For us. You're losing everything just to save Kai. I can't thank you more than words can say." She broke out into a sob, kneeling down. She used her hand to wipe her tears away, but it was quickly replaced with a new round of sobs. Blinking, you kneeled down next to her.

"I actually forgot about that..." you whispered as you stared at the floor, your hand on her shoulder. Heaving a soft sigh, you glanced at Kai. Was it worth it? Was losing your freedom, losing your dignity, losing what little happiness you had left worth it all for Kai? Yes. Of course it was. I would never change anything if I were to go back. Turning to Mary, you lifted her chin so she could look at you.

"Listen. I swore to protect you at all costs. You're my family, my friends, the reason I keep going. Nothing, and I repeat NOTHING will stop me from protecting you, even if it means giving myself to Danny. I have no regrets." You gently squeezed her cheeks, wiping away a tear falling down her cheek. You bent closer, embracing her in a hug.

"Mary, I love you." She gasped, pulling away. She blinked a few times before more tears began to drench her face as she laughed. She grabbed you and squeezed you into the biggest hug you've ever felt. You could almost feel the emotion pouring out.

"I love you too, y/n. I love you so, so much!" She cried as she laughed, rocking you into the hug. You laughed as well, surprised as you felt your throat grow a lump.

"Mary, Danny might not take me away from you. We might just go back to normal, me stealing for him while you two stay home."

"What about Bella? Won't he mind if she stays?" Mary pulled from the hug, glancing over to a small armchair where Bella was snoozing. You smiled, not realizing she was even there. You listened to her faint breaths as she inhaled and exhaled.

"I'll make sure she stays." You jumped as someone bursted through the door, startling you and causing Bella to drowsily look up. Mary squeaked and she jumped onto the bed, grabbing Kai in her arms.

"Well, I see you've managed to get the medicine on time. Not surprising, though I do admit it would've been good to see you broken just so I can mend those pieces back together." You grinded your teeth, venom coating your tongue as you greeted the brown haired male.

"What do you want, Danny?" He smirked, walking over to Bella's armchair as he patted the scared females head. She shrunk away at his touch which caused his smirk to grow.

"Oh, nothing too serious. You know, just here to claim my prize." You clenched your fists, trying to contain your anger. Standing up, you stomped over to him. Oh how you wanted to wipe away that smug look.

"Your prize??? Well, I don't see a prison cell over here, so you can just take your leave." You crossed your arms, stopping in front of him. He ignored what you said, taking a step closer.

"I'll let that little insult pass because I'm feeling nice."

Nice? Nice? You growled, glaring pure daggers at him.

"Shut up, you demented baboon! Never have you ever been nice, NEVER! All you do is manage to make MY life MISERABLE! I utterly hate every breath you take, I hate everything about you!" You aimed a punch for his shoulder but he turned just in time, catching your fist with his hand.

"Now now, control your anger. You agreed to this, didn't you? I give you the medicine to save that useless fuckwads life, you become mine. As I do recall, you came running to me and screaming my name to help you." He slightly squeezed your fist, making you flinch. You tried to pull away but were met with him grabbing your waist and pulling you closer. "I liked when you screamed..."

"L-let go of me!" You demanded as you angrily tried to pull away. Danny looked at you with amused eyes, hugging you close to his chest.

"My love, dont act this way. It will just anger me." You gritted your teeth as you picked up on the hidden threat. Finally stopping the squirming, you let him hug you.

"Good. Now, I know this will upset you but trust me, I thought about it and this was the best way. Sleep tight." You opened your mouth to question what he meant but was interrupted by the sudden prick on your hand. Looking down, you saw a syringe piercing your skin. Frantically looking around, your eyes started to blur. Fighting the sleep, the last thing you saw was Bella and Mary's worried faces before the world went black.