𝟶𝟷 |

"Hurry up guys! What are you doing? There mehendi function has started and you all are gossiping here? Go and get your seats!" A young beautiful girl scolded her friends who were sitting outside the mansion.

"Yeah going! Yaar Naira, your jiju is so hot! I feel jealous over Ahana di!" One of her friend commented to which naira began glaring at her and hit her arm.
"Shut your mouth and go inside. Everyone is waiting for the ceremony to begin." She last time scolded and made her way inside the 'Agnihotri' mansion.

Agnihotris are the rich industrials of the city as their empire has a great rich through many cities and states. It was Rishab Agnihotri with whom Ahana's marriage has been fixed some months ago and now finally the wedding ceremonies has started.

Naira reached near her father and side hugged him while both admiring Ahana, who was seeming happy beside rishab.

"Missing di already?"

"Yeah! Tumhari maa mujhe hamesha chidhati thi ki ek din tum dono shadi karke chali jaogi aur tab main zidd karta tha ki tum dono ki shadi nahi hone dunga but see, aaj main khud apne bacche ki shadi karwa raha hu!"

(Your mother always used to tease me that one day both of you will marry off and leave me, and i used to say that i would never let you both marry but see today I myself marrying off my child.)

Naira hugged her father tightly knowing how much emotional he was getting and also missing their mother who died some years ago.
"Dad! We can meet di whenever we want. Don't be so grumpy and enjoy the ceremony. Look, how happy di is! Rishab jiju will take care of her just like you do." He smiled with a nod and pushed off the lone tear.

"Naira beta!" They both snapped and looked at the couple.

They were rishabh's parents, Prerna Agnihotri and Rajeev Agnihotri. Beside them a well build man was accompanying who was rishabh's younger brother, Rahul. Prerna was their step mother as after Rahul's birth Rajeev's first wife died due to some complications and to take care of the children he married to prerna who later turned to be the best mother and best wife for them.

"Yes aunty!"

"Beta, can you bring the jewelery set from my room? Rahul is going outside for other work and i have to present here. Please bring it for me!" She insisted sweetly and with same gesture naira agreed.

"I will just come aunty! Where's your room?" She asked as prerna instructed her.

"Uff, kitna bada ghar hai! Main toh firse bhul gayi prerna aunty ka room. Ab kisko puchu?" She wondered seeing the same structures of room.

(How big this house is! I again forgot prerna aunty's room. Now who do I ask?)

She was passing by a room when she heard some light sniffles as if someone was crying. Her heart started beating faster as a unknown feeling attracted her towards it. She felt the strong urge and with a push opened the door. The room was dipped in darkness, she blindly tried to find out for any switch but getting hit from something fell down with a thud.

"Ouch!" She yelped and hearing her voice someone crawled up in fear clutching the end of curtain in tight grip. His sniffles muted as he gulped them fearing someone will punish him for making voices.

Whearas naira could clearly feel the presence. She lifted her head and saw a shadowed figure behind the curtains. A smile crept on her lips as she guessed it.