♛ 𝟬𝟮 ♛

"I'm still shocked that Rajasahab allowed you for this! He doesn't allow you in any man's contact and suddenly he permitted you for weaponry practice. That to from Bhairav__"

"Shh!"

Avantika suddenly hissed at her personal maid 'Manorama's statement and titled her head at her.

"Take his name with respect. He isn't any ordinary man that you are calling him with name." She focused back on the mirror and adjusted her clothes and the ligh jewellery. It was again her practice session and she was getting ready for it.

Manoram on other hand looked at her suspiciously. It wasn't like she never noticed her, whenever she sees or hears about bhairav a different kind of smile curves on her face. Her face flushed up and she fails to hide the redness of her cheek.

"I don't know what's going on but rajkumari, be careful. Rajasahab won't tolerate any mistake from your side and Ranisa is already against your and bhairav's meetings." She warned her but avnatika cared less about it and stood up from her seat.

"Now if you are done then should I go for my session? Bhairav must be waiting for me."

She dramatically asked and manorama shook her head knowing that their naughty princess will never take anything seriously.

"Go but he won't come."

"Huh? Why so? Bhairav never step back from his promises."

She proudly stated walking out from there.

"Kyu itni masum hai aap rajkumari. Aapko prem ke badle sirf kasht milega yaha."

(Why are you so innocent, princess. You will only get pain in returns of love here.)

She whispered sadly knowing very well about avantika's feelings for bhairav.

~•~

It was the evening hour while avantika was sitting over the wooden bench with her body leaned to the tall pillar. She was tired and sleeping there itself.

From the morning she was waiting for bhairav to come and then she could spend some time with him while learning from him but her wishes crushed when he didn't come.

Manorama informed her that bhairav had gone with Virendra to other village for solving the problems of their people but she didn't hear her in the hope that he will return in few time. But all in vain.

The silent atmosphere disturbed with few foot steps. With it the owner, which was bhairav himself appeared at the arena.
He took off his shirt and sat there while cleaning the swords with a cloth. He didn't notice her presence and continued it untill he heard the familiar ringing of anklets.

He snapped his head in the direction and was shocked to see her.

The sword in his hands dropped as he rushed to her for saving her from falling down. His hand flattened under her cheek and he balanced her body with it.

Whereas avantika was deep in slumber. Her face innocently curved with a smile and she was taking soft relaxing breathes.

Bhairav's heart filled with guilt as he guessed why she was there. He had promised her and didn't come. But what was the need to wait for him?

"Rajkumari?"

He called but didn't got any response.

'Now what should I do? I can't disturb her sleep, but then how will she sleep here.'

He thought and unwillingly decided to wake her. His palm comfortably rested in her cheek and the other one hesitantly over her shoulder. He patted her while calling for sometime.