19

Third Person POV

Natasha paced up and down the street; her feet carving scratches into the pavement. Spider-Man was late, and she couldn't stop wondering why he wasn't there, what was stopping him from coming- what if he didn't even want to come!?

Clint nervously tapped his finger against his side: a nervous tick of his whenever he got worried. And he was. Worried, I mean. His sister-from-another-mister partner in crime and all-time best friend had an unusually grim expression on her usually blank face- well, blank in public. At home she was all smiles and laughs. Not. But the last time Clint had seen her this nervous was... Budapest. And he knows all too well how that turned out. Drakovs daughter... neither of them had fully recovered after what they did that terrible day.

While the two adults had murmured worriedly about where his little brother was, Pietro had done a number of things. He had been sent to get the pizzas, which he had dutifully done- until he saw a milkshake shop. It would have been rude, offensive even, not to get some so when Pietro rejoined Natasha and Clint, he was holding four chocolate milkshakes, three pepperoni pizzas, and a margarita (just on the off chance that his bro was vegetarian).

After Spider-Man hadn't turned up five minutes later, Pietro decided to make use of his time, and learn to juggle. He, being the resourceful person he was, decided the pizza boxes were the best choice of juggling balls, and threw them up in the air- or was about to before Nat have him her signature wolf glare, when he decided to postpone until another day. So, instead, he entertained himself on the swings.

5 minutes passed, then 10, then 20. It was only then that the three heard the signature 'swip swip' that signalled Spider-Man's arrival.

Spider-Man's POV

Straight after arranging the meet up, I freaked. But not in a 'What-if-ical' way (named by yours truly), more of a... 'screaming-silently-ical' way.

After the 5 odd minutes it took me to calm down, I only had 25 minutes to get ready and get to the park. That might have been plenty of time for someone else- MJ wouldn't have needed that long, nor would Ned. Someone like Flash probably wouldnt need a fraction of that time; he can literally do everything right- especially when it makes me look bad.

By the time my internal rant had ended, I only had 18 minutes to get there. I wisely spent 4 1/2 of those precious minutes freaking in a 'What-if-ical' way- just to add some variaty- leaving me with a grand total of 13 1/2 minutes to be there. All I needed to do was get changed, and swing there, right?

Wrong.

I put my Spidey suit on fine, but couldn't find my mask, then found my mask, lost it again, grabbed my spare, lost my spare (whY 😭) found my original and left. I swung all the way down the street when I realised I had no shoes on. So I turned around, swung back to my room, put my shoes on, lost my mask, realised it was on my face and left.

I was going to go straight to the park (with only 3 minutes left I was getting properly worried about being late and embarrassing myself) but I heard sirens and...  just under half an hour later I stumbled out of the burning apartment for the last time: two three year olds over each of my shoulders and a 20 stone man in my arms.

I handed the civilians carefully over to the paramedics before wearily swinging away, ignoring the worried voices from the crowd that had formed of the rescued men, women, children and others.

Breaking any speed limits there might be for crime fighting spiders (I made a mental note to check whether any existed), I raced to the park and was met with a scene I ...must admit... I had not pictured.

The famous Black Widow was pacing along the pavement (maybe she had heard bad news?) with the AWESOME Hawkeye standing to the side. He also looked worried (adding to my idea that something bad had happened). On the swings swung A/N is that a word? Update: it is a word, and I don't know how I for got this 😭 the one and only... Quicksilver!! Somehow looking upset while flying backwards and forwards.

What had happened to make the world famous heroes so scared that even someone like me- with no training- could see that something was wrong? Whatever it was, I vowed silently to help anyway I could.

Ok, really sorry this is so bad, really sorry it's been so long, etc, etc.

Seriously though, sorry :/

Also, thank you SO MUCH FOR 104J READS!! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!

Have a very Happy Christmas- or if you don't celebrate Christmas, HAPPY HOLIDAYS! And please stay safe! Get some sleep! :D