28

"Are you leading me to my death?" 

"What!? No." Pietro gasped.

Peter hesitated. "That sounded really fake."

"Nothing, and I mean nothing about me is fake, little brother o'mine."

"So, not your hair colour? Or your powers?" The older boy opened his mouth to deny any and all claims, but Peter wasn't finished. "And just, for the record, when you call me 'little brother' I kind of want to cry. Not because I'm not your brother, I think of you as a brother- oh frick I didn't mean to say that out loud- it's true though. You are my brother, my brother, my brother, brother, brother. But yeah, it makes me cringe. And kinda makes me want to die." Then, to the horror of his brother, he started singing, off-key and out of time. "Die, die, die. Die, die, dieeee. It's Spidey time, and I want to die, die, die."

"Crap, you really haven't slept in 56 hours, have you. I thought you were exaggerating..." He mumbled, trailing off towards the end.

"Where am I going!?" The vigilante grumbled, much to the amusement of both his brother, who was leading him though the corridors of Avengers Tower, and the pair of assassins trailing them.

"And..." Pietro turned Spider-Man to face a blank door with a golden plate on it. The words, 'Spider-Man's Room: Enter And Have Your Teeth Boiled' were engraved into it, spiderwebs replacing the dots on the i's.

"I- What is this?" The presence of the sign had sobered the sleep-deprived teen, and he turned to his found family in numb shock.

Natasha stepped forward. "It's your room, Spidey."

Clint added on, "We were wondering, how would you like to stay over here some nights? You could live here part time, while your Aunt is with her boyfriend and at work?"

The stunned boy gave the red-head cue to speak again. "Kid, you are, I, you." She stopped. "Kid, you are like a son to me. I know I can speak for Clint when I say that he feels the same way."

"You're my brother, Little Bro. In every way that matters. So, er, we made a room for you. If you don't like it we can redecorate, but you'll like it because I helped design it, but if you don't we can change it and, um-" He was cut off by the teen throwing his hands around him and nearly suffocating him in a hug. Awkwardly, he wrapped his arms around the younger boy in return, and soon felt two additional pairs of arms wrap around them both. Peter had buried his head into Pietro's shirt, hiding his expression from his slightly worried family. 

All of a sudden, he looked up at the three faces looking down on him, and carefully freed an arm from the knot of limbs. In one quick, sweeping motion, he took his mask off, for the first time in the presence of his loved ones.

"Peter. Peter Parker. My name's Peter. Hi."

Double update! (Not on this one, but I just published another chapter on my Marvel Oneshots books and yay)

Idk how I feel about this one tho... oh well

Love you guys!