Dimitri's Point of View in Frostbite (Vampire Academy)

Disclamer: I DO NOT own any of the Vampire Academy books or characters. They belong to talented and wonderful Richelle Mead. Most of the plot and storyline is mine.

Okay so this is the second fan fic I have done for Vampire Academy. I wrote the first book to the Vampire Academy series  I plan to put it in the watty awards so I'll  need all the support I can get. The first two chapters aren't as good as the rest bc it was hard for me to capture Dimitri's character. But I did it, anyways enjoy the second book from his point of view (: Leave me a comment and vote telling me what you think! Thanks so much! (:

________________________________________________________________________________

I stood under the massive brick building's shadows. Waiting for Rose to arrive. She was assigned to take a test that all novices do. It was known as the Qualifier. Every novice takes it their junior year. Rose was a senior and had yet to take it. She had escaped the Academy along with her Moroi best friend Lissa Dragomir. It took everything to get her back, thanks to me and my team of guardians. If it wern't for us Rose and Lissa would still be on the run.

It just had begun to snow, light ,crystal-line flakes drifted gently down. Melting as they made contact with the wet Earth. I stood in front of a Honda Pilot. A car that Rose and I will be driving in for the next five hours. High-up guardians visited the novices at the Academy, and met individually to discuss students' commitment to being guardians. Rose was scheduled to meet with Arthur Schoenberg, a friend of mine, and someone I highly respect.

Rose arrived, her profile coming into view as she rushed towards me, late like ususal. A couple of months ago I had fallen for her, and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't seem to stop those feelings from pouring out of me. It was only a week now that I finally took hold of them. I kept repeating the phrase: It's the right thing. Rose needed a teacher that was strict, understanding, determined and much much more. And those simple four words had prevented my feelings from leaking through the cracks.

"I know, I know. Sorry I'm late."

I couldn't help but wonder why she was late. But instantly reminded myself that it didn't matter. I was Roses teacher and mentor and that was it. There was nothing more to it.

"Who else is going?" She asked, the snowflakes landing on her dark hair, melting instantly.

I shrugged. "Just you and me."

"How far away is it?" I could see the old attraction in her eyes. The feeling of wanting something we couldn't have had taken over both of us. And all the feelings had burst out when Victor Dashkov put a lust charm on us. It was cruel of him, and wouldn't have worked unless both victims had feelings for each other. And back then I did have feelings for her. They still remained locked up, but I knew they were still there, growing stronger and stronger.

"Five hours."

"Oh."

We got in the car, Rose in the passenger seat while I drove. The dim, snowy roads would have been difficult for humans to navigate, but they were no problem for our dhampir eyes. It was a while before any of us spoke. Silence falling heavy in the car.

"Don't they ususally come to the Academy? I mean, I'm all for the field trip, but why are we going to them?" Rose asked.

"Actually, you're just gong to a him, not a them. Since this is a special case and he's doing us a favor, we're the ones making the trip."

"Who is he?"

"Arthur Schoenberg."

She jerked her gaze from the road to me.