Part 8

Chapter 8:

Sometime during the middle of the night I had called the head office telling them that I needed some time to sleep in. And that I wouldn’t make it to Rose’s practice today. Which I had looked at as a good thing; because I wouldn’t have to deal with all my emotions for once.

I woke up when the Moroi day was just ending. Meaning that everyone was going back to their dorms before curfew.

Standing up out of bed I got dressed and headed for the guardian’s loft. Walking in I grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down on one of the nearby tables.

A couple minutes passed before Rose’s mom came walking towards me. Sitting up straight I have her a respectable nod, in which she returned.

“Belikov.” She said as she sat down with her own cup of coffee.

“Hathaway, how are you doing?” I asked, although I really didn’t care, I just wanted out of here.

She looked down at her coffee before answering. “Good. I’m guessing that you didn’t hear about what happened to Rose during practice.”

Hearing the mentioning of Rose’s name and that she was possibly hurt made me sit even straighter in my chair. “Is she okay?”

Janine looked up at me, I had realized then that I had let some of those emotions slip. And was soon relieved that Janine had taken it in a teacher concern instead. “Yes, she’s fine. We were fighting and I punched her in the head. When I took her to the clinic they said she would have a bruised eye. But was saved from a concussion.”

I let out at sigh of relief. “Well that’s good.”

Janine took a sip of her coffee. “Yeah, I’m just surprised at how much of a hot head she can be.”

I tried to hide my smile at that. “Yeah, try dealing with her everyday. Especially when she’s in a bad mood.”

Janine didn’t even smile. “I guess I don’t know my own daughter.”

I looked at her filled with sympathy. Rose was a great kid, but when it came to a situation that she didn’t like, well then she was uncontrollable.

Shrugging Janine stood up. “Great seeing you again Belikov.”

And before I could say anything more she stood up and left her barely touched coffee on the table.

Later that day I decided to go to the gym to practice. I was surprised when I saw Tasha in there as well.

“Dimka!” She said as she ran up to hug me. Surprised I hugged her back. “How did you sleep?”

I smiled down at her. “Great. I had a dream about you.”

“Oh?” She said, and under that pale skin I saw the blood rise to her cheeks.

“Yeah, and it was…” I stopped then. Seeing her look at me the way Rose did was just too much for me. What was I doing? Yes I was locking my feelings away for Rose. But to hit on another woman was shameful and wrong. I didn’t want to hurt Rose in that way.

Looking back at Tasha I swallowed hard. “Sorry, I…I got to go.”

Leaving the gym as quickly as possible I couldn’t help but think at how stupid I was. I shouldn’t be flirting with Tasha. Especially a Moroi. I had a reputation to keep and if I kept doing that I would end up loosing concentration and skill.

I practically ran to the dorms, I needed to get as far away as possible from both Rose and Tasha. The one who I actually wanted, and the other who I had wanted a long time ago.

Who said being a teacher at a High School was easy?

_________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry for the short chapter... It's just that I hate Tasha so much and writing about her is REALLY hard. Considering that she has feelings for Dimitri. So I probably won't write a lot until I get to the ski lodge. Because then I plan to have A LOT of things going through his mind. And it'll be tastefull and shocking at the same time. So please stick with me :/ It's just hard to write about someone whom I hate Ssoooooo much. Anyhoo comment and vote! Thanks (:

<3LittleDhampir18