Part 7

Chapter 7:

Half an hour later I met Tasha at the front of the school. As I got closer I noticed that she was standing in front of a Honda Civic. I knew it would just be her and I today, since all of the extra guardians had “plans”.

 As I approached Tasha I gave her one of my warm smiles. She returned it. “So its just me and you Dimka?” Tasha asked, although I knew she wasn’t surprised.

I nodded. “The extra guardians couldn’t make it.”

Tasha let out a heavy sigh. “I’m not surprised, most Moroi and guardians don’t like me.” Tasha looked back up at me and gave me a reassuring smile. “But lets not let that get in the way of our day together.”

Tasha threw me the keys. I walked over to the passenger door and opened it up for her. She stepped inside the vehicle. And when she had buckled her seatbelt I shut the door and walked around the front end of the car.

The sky was a pink orange color, indicating that it was now dawn. The birds in the tall dark trees surrounding us were chirping loudly. Singing their morning songs.

We rode in silence for a while. Even though I didn’t show it, I was really tired. The human schedule had messed up my Moroi one. And seeing Tasha yawn made me realize that I wasn’t the only one who was sleep deprived.

After a while Tasha spoke. “So how have you been Dimka?” She asked in mid-yawn.

I smiled and glanced over at her. “Good, I miss the action, but it’s nice to be a guardian at the Academy.” Which was true, although I wouldn’t come close to mentioning Rose.

That thought ended all too quickly. “I bet, especially with Rose as your student. She seems like the fast learning type.” Tasha said as we continued our path in the dimly lit forest.

I managed a shrug. “Yeah, but you haven’t seen her bad side. She can be…a hothead.”

Tasha looked over at me, and I returned her gaze. “Well isn’t that a good thing? Wouldn’t that make her fight better? When my students are slacking in my class I make them think of something that aggravates them.”

Combat classes were the one of many things Tasha and I had in common. “I suppose so. But Rose…well she’s not one you want to piss off. She’s scary when she is in a bad mood.”

Tasha laughed that familiar laugh I was so used to. “Oh is the big bad Dimiti afraid of a teenage girl?” She said smiling wide.

I returned her smile. “You haven’t seen her hit. She can do damage.”

Tasha shrugged. “Still, you’re tougher. You can handle her.”

I raised an eyebrow as I kept my eyes on the now pavement road. “Yeah…” If only she knew just how much Rose drove me crazy.

The rest of the ride there consisted of a sleeping Tasha and soft music in the background. And in that time my mind went back to the time when Tasha and I had first met.

The charge that I had been watching had been best friends with her. Of course this was before the incident with Christians parents.

And back then Tasha had two guardians. Since she was royal she was allowed. When one of her guardians got deathly ill I took responsibility to watch over her. We had been friends ever since.

The mall came into view then. I turned off the highway, and reached over to wake up Tasha. Grabbing her shoulder I gently shook her. “Tasha.”

“Hmm?” She mumbled.

“Wake up, we’re here.”

She rubbed at her eyes and blinked against the sunlight, even with the windows deeply tinted. Moroi still were sensitive to the light.

Sitting up she pulled down the visor to glance at herself in the mirror. “My God…I look horrible.” She said as she ran a hand through her tangled and matted hair.

I tried to hide my smile. “You look great.”

She rolled her eyes. “Don’t be modest.”

I pulled into the closest parking space. I was surprised at how many cars were in the lot. Considering how early it was.

I turned off the car and walked around to open her door. It was cold as the chilly wind picked up. Tasha shivered as she stepped out of the car. Looking down I noticed her outfit for the first time. Pants and a thin sleeveless top. Feeling sympathy I took off my duster and draped it around her shoulders. She looked up at me and smiled.

“Thanks Dimka.” She said. And as I looked into her eyes I could make out a hint of the old attraction from years ago.

My mind flashed back to the time when I had kissed her. I hadn’t meant to, but I was curious and interested in her. Although it obviously hadn’t worked out. It was nice and sweet. And by looking down into those blue eyes I could tell that she wasn’t over me.

Grabbing hold of my arm Tasha practically dragged me towards the mall. We spent hours going through every store. She had bought something in each one too. And I was reminded of how much money royals had. Even if the Moroi world had turned their backs on them.

After four hours of endless shopping Tasha had reached her budget. And as I drove her back to the Academy she had fallen asleep again.

We arrived in the middle of the Moroi night. The sun was high, indicating that it was noon. Smiling at Tasha I gave her a hug goodbye, letting her keep my duster until the next day. After I walked towards the dorms.

The school was still sleeping when I walked through the dorms halls. Sleepy I opened up the door to my room and practically fell into bed. Although I had managed to take off my pants and shoes.

I then fell into a deep sleep and dreamed of someone I hadn’t in a while…

Tasha…

_______________________________________________________________________

Ugh... alksnfhaweroiasdnxv  I HATE Tasha! lol anyway thanks for reading and sorry for the long wait. I'll try to update more often (: please vote and comment and all that good stuff! And if you hate what happened between Tasha and Dimitri then that's a good sign because it means I'm doing a great job (: haha anywhoo enough of my babbling... (:

<3LittleDhampir18