I Trust Him

Chapter 16

Finishing his third cup of black coffee Vansh leaned back on his seat. It's 8.30 AM and still, she is not here. He doesn't like to wait for anyone. If this is not about his Sweetheart he would have gone back already.

"Sorry for being late. Oh God this traffic is so terrible."

Placing her stuff on the table she sat down comfortably. Vansh was already irritated by her unpunctuality, don't want to hear any further nonsense he came to the point directly.

"What is the matter you wanted to talk about?"

She smirked seeing him soo impatient and eager as well.

"Whatever I have heard about you, you are exactly the same. A man with a dark aura. Then how can you lose the battle to him?"

Vansh scrunched his eyebrows.

"Him? I am not getting anything that you are trying to say."

"Sidharth. I am talking about him."

Gritting his teeth he fisted his palm to control his anger.
"Don't utter his name. That lad destroyed my life. The way he always behaves as he owns her. Because of him, Riddhima is not coming back to me. You know she loves me. That day the way she took care of me it's evident she does have feelings for me."

"Great. Then what I have will surely help you to get her back. Listen carefully to the whole story then."

"Riddhima and Sid were with each other for a long time. He had come to our orphanage once and that day they had their first meeting. After that, he used to come over frequently to meet her. And gradually their friendship turned into love.
Then one day an accident happened. Both of them had gone out to celebrate their fourth anniversary. While coming back their car got hit by a truck. Local people admitted them to the nearby hospital. Sid had some minor injuries but Riddhima's condition was critical. Meanwhile, police had found alcohol in Sid's blood and they arrested him for the drunk driving case.
After two days when Riddhima regained consciousness, we came to know that she does not remember anything of the last 5 years of her life. And also they couldn't save the unborn child. Yes, she was 15 days pregnant and maybe she was unaware of it. The doctor warned us not to remind her of anything forcefully. It will harm her and also could die also. That Sidharth was in jail. Being a business his father tried a lot to save him. But Sid was proven guilty and sentenced to jail for two years. Could not able to handle the situation his father had an attack and died. His mother was already dead when he was a kid. His uncle paid a huge amount in media to hide the whole case."

"Then what happened? Didn't he get to know about his child? "

"Yeah, he did come back after two years. But then Kabir had already made his entry in Riddhima's life. One night he arrived at our orphanage to confront her. He wanted to question her why she was not there during his dark days. He didn't know about her memory loss or child. I told him everything and warned him not to come back into her life again. He was reluctant to meet her. Thankfully she was at her clinic then. He waited for hours. But when he saw her coming back holding Kabir's hand he left devastated. After that, he never came back. Then whatever Kabir did you know already. But they met again or how they married that I don't know."

Different emotions were running through Vansh's heart. Hearing the whole story he wanted to give Riddhima a tight hug. She faced so many painful things and still stood strong like a rock. That Sidharth was giving him more reasons to bury him alive. Because of his carelessness, his sweetheart had to suffer. And how dare he put his seeds in her womb. She is his. She will carry only Vansh Rai Singhania's child. Nobody else has the right.