『10』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙻𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 𝙰𝚃 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙴𝙽𝙳 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚃𝚄𝙽𝙽𝙴𝙻

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE HEIST
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
CHAPTER
TEN
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE LIGHT AT
THE END
OF THE
TUNNEL
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

|_____________________________|

[[ ACE. ]]

"Ace? Please tell me why we're down here." Carmen sighed. "And why did we bring a jack hammer?"

"Because February, post-Valentine's day. In the library during class. What we talked about, do you reckon?"

"The exit, yes I remember. Of course I do. Well, our exit for when we've gotten the cash in tact, but guess what Ace? We've landed jack-squat, because Harry can't find the last decoding in that damn ocean on the fifth floor, and who knows how the hell we'll be popping those other vaults open anytime soon. We haven't found the placenta, nada. Nowhere, not a single clue. And Lord only knows if the center might be in multiple parts of this bank, Harry might have to change the plan in all its entirety."

"It's better we plan this ahead don't you think? Because if what Harry said at class is true, that the basement floor is our only hope of finding a way out without those damn coppers on each and every one of our asses, we might as well start now. Would you look at how thick these walls are? I'd bloody punch at it for you to see from here, but that wouldn't be so delightful, would it?"

"We've got time, I'm sure." Carmen's voice faded away softly, the slightest bit of uncertainty hidden behind her bold eyes.

"Yeah, yeah sure we do." I sarcastically said with a rasp in my tone, scoffing as I glanced away aimlessly. "But how long until another hostage cracks? Decides to go rogue and drags our asses out, exposed for the whole damn world to see? This place isn't exactly a cup of tea on a sunny Saturday morning, don't you think? Jesus. We don't know how long until then. So what then? Any implications Carmen?"

She remained silent, frowning as her hands set on her hips. "Ace, you've got to be a little more optimistic here, we're about halfway through, and I'm aware that's neck deep, that any day now, a hostage could just lose it and try something stupid, but we've got guns."

"I'm not shooting another innocent fucking person down. No way in hell."

"That wasn't what I said. What I'm saying, is if things ever go awry and the barricades were to roll open..." Carmen's voice trailed suggestively, before a light bulb had lit when the thought had occurred to me.

"Debbsy." Carmen and I said simultaneously, though my voice had contrasted her tumultous tone with a mutter of indifference.

Debbsy was the name of our handy machine gun, that came along with the team of course in case plan A dwindled to plan B, and plan C would have to be quite inevitable.

I shook my head. "Okay, so we've got artillery. That sure as hell brings up our chances quite significantly, if I do say so myself." I swung the ax hammer, gripping onto the wood as I had leaned in on my shoulder.

As we stood in the dimmed room, reaching the other end, Carmen and I stared at the painted black wall, before she glanced over at me.