『17』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙶𝚁𝙴𝙴𝙺 𝚃𝚁𝙰𝙶𝙴𝙳𝚈

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE HEIST
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
CHAPTER
SEVENTEEN
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
GREEK
TRAGEDY
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

|________________________________|

[[ VERA. ]]

In distress's fireplace, there I was in tears, thrashing.

"You don't know how I feel right now. None of you do. Dammit Harry, why am I here?" I sobbed as my heart shattered. "Why me, I should've... I should've stayed as far away from this bank as I possibly could."

"No, you knew the rules exactly Vera. You did. You fucking knew it by the back of your hand, fuck. Why would you answer that phone without telling us?"

"I wish I could say it was a fucking pizza delivery I missed don't you think?-but it doesn't exactly help. I was bored out of my mind at the highest rate possible. You don't know what it's like being in my body, dwelling on the lingering thought we might get out of here."

"We were going to get there, Vera. We were planning to get onto the fifth floor to finish this once more and for fucking good."

"To be near fucking drowning? To the fucking ceiling. Again? Again. There was no repetition involved in the discussions we'd had, and I'm terrible with repetitive actions done, especially when it involves life and death. Are you kidding me? Why the fuck are we having this conversation?!" I had helplessly panted, feeling a panic attack coming on.

"The price that that detective is offering you is a ploy, do you know that? Tasteless fucking brainwash." Harry had remarked, nearly falling to his knees, until he did, gripping the roots of his hair as Dixie sobbed, with shaky hands.

"A ploy? This entire function is a fucking ploy, how the fuck was I supposed to know that?"

"Dammit." Ace whimpered, pacing at the corner of the room with tears that helplessly fell.
"Vera." Max cried, gritting his teeth. "Why would you pick up that fucking phone in the first place? No seriously, this.. Is fucking insane."

"I don't know. There, I... I said it. I don't have a single fucking clue, impulsivity?"

"We don't have a choice, Harry." Ace stated, shaking his head vigorously as the snot had dripped from his nose.

"We really don't, Vera." Harry exhaled, glancing over at Dixie.

[[ 32 MINUTES EARLIER. ]]

Just when I had thought this would have been the peak of the heist's entirety, there I was, sitting at the desk on the lobby floor, with a half-burnt cigarette between my lips as I held a gun in hand. From what people knew, from Harry, to Max, to Carmen, hell, even Ace or Dixie, they knew that I'd be healing from the near death experience that happened three days ago. Though, my inner thoughts felt like suffocation, and the walls feeling worse everyday had me near burnout; that feeling of immense dehydration, laying in the sun stranded manifested into the sensation that came over me entirely, the triggered memory of waking up in a sweat with Ace sobbing tears uncontrollably, hovering over me being the ghost that lingered hauntedly.

I felt like I committed; to nothing but another crime I didn't necessarily sign up for, more so a whirlwind that passed as far as the eye can see. Though I felt like shouting, kicking and screaming until my lungs burnt; I simply didn't. I sat there in silence, and no words could fathom.