『16』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙷𝚄𝙼𝙼𝙸𝙽𝙶𝙱𝙸𝚁𝙳'𝚂 𝙷𝙴𝙰𝚁𝚃𝙱𝙴𝙰𝚃

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE HEIST
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
CHAPTER
SIXTEEN
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
HUMMINGBIRD'S
HEARTBEAT
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

|________________________________|

[[ DIXIE. ]]

Sitting in the enormous break room of the national bank, Harry sat with me where we shared an oven baked pizza in full courtesy of the refrigerator's best. Meanwhile, Ace had been raiding the fridge for the past fifteen minutes, finally settling on a carton of milk that he chugged until the carton's halfway point.

"Mm." He nodded once, chuckling as he looked over at Harry and I.

"You want some?" I slid the few slices of the mini pizza towards him.

"Now that I figure, would that be okay? And that better not be cilantro, my worst enemy." He pointed.

"Are you stoned?" Harry asked, laughing.

"Utterly munchi-fied." He walked over, nicking a slice of pizza as he hung his head back, sliding the stringy cheese into his mouth.

"Well eat up, it's a new day, meaning we've got eight more to go until we're complicitly evicted."

"I understand that. We've had no luck with the fifth floor because of the last decoding, and who knows how many more of those weird security databases we'll have to deal with until we've cracked all the vaults." Ace rambled, as he had chewed his pizza slowly, gulping awkwardly loud.

"First thing's first. We will crack that code by tonight." Harry said.

"Wait, you can't just pull off what you did again and go in there putting in those codes."

"The first and second are secured. It should be out of the question, because the longer we sit here in uncertainty, I'll lose my mind."

"And when you get that last decoding to the lock wrong, what happens then? Because the fifth floor will drown you in that regret." I argued. "Don't tell me you're going to die for this. The both of you."

Ace shook his head slowly, before questioningly glancing at Harry.

"That was a condition we all came to terms with before we got here, Dixie. And you have no right to tell me what and what not to do with the procedural process to this robbery."

"You stand absolutely corrected, but I am talking about life or death here, and I know there's a thin line between that and this robbery for you, but you just can't go in with that uncertainty hanging in the balance. I won't let you." I leaned forward, my hands on the table, as our gaze intensely locked.