𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE HEIST
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
EPILOGUE
*:・゚*:・゚

|___________________________|

[[ HARRY. ]]

[[ THE DAY THE HEIST ENDED. ]]

The girl with fading pink hair, drenched in salt water sat by the bench adjacent to the back of the boat as she watched the faint-blue-ish murky water push back into the ocean from where she sat bundled up in plaid fleece blankets.

The others had been below deck, getting rest as the hour had reached two in the A.M.

"Can't sleep?" I asked her, sitting by the tiresome girl. We had shared that sleepless aura mutually, my eyes feeling tired, though my mind wide awake as the sun that'd rise along the horizon.

She didn't reply, her attention fully averted to the lighter that refused to comprehend a lit flame within the gushing wind as she cursed softly, throwing the pink lighter with force into the depths of the ocean. "No. I can't, Harry. And what does that have to do with anything? Now my cigarette won't fucking light."

"Well I believe the empty lighter would be the culprit." I remarked, my voice groggy as I had took a sip from the warm mug of tea in my hands.

"Yeah. Yeah, I know. I'm sorry. Sorry. I expected this to feel more victorious, somehow, yet I can't feel fucking anything. Dixie, she's—"

We shared a silence, nothing but the crashing waters beneath the ship's structure being heard. I gazed up at the night sky that mimicked a planetarium dome, a slight pigment of light from the sliver of moon within the sky.

"She's going to be okay." I interrupted her there, a furrow in my eyebrows, my forehead creasing with the distress that surged me in waves.

"I know. I know, and what won't be, is if she's put in the same place of interrogation I was. What then?"

"We cross these bridges as we get to them. The last thing I need is for us to step back into the headspace we were in, within that bank, okay?"

"Harry." Vera angrily stopped me from talking, as she held a hand to me, just wishing I'd stop talking. "I know you're trying to keep a positive outlook on this, I know that. But that itself will have us caught in the crossfire inevitably. These cops? The entire secret service? They aren't going to stop hunting us down now, they're going to try twice as hard as they did when we were enclosed in that bank. What I don't agree with, is letting our guard down. Not now, not ever again, Harry. You need to be fucking angry. We need to be angry."

"And I am fucking angry. But that doesn't mean we have to sacrifice hope to the enemies. Those cold blooded fucks shot my girlfriend down without a single hesitation, did you think I was going to sulk and drown the entire way? Because you're fucking wrong. You..." I found no other words to say, the vulnerability caged within my core igniting. The only thing left that I felt, was my heart shattering and the tears that left my blurred eyes. I buried my face in my hands, yelling out in frustration, though my bellowing barely scratched the surface of the chaotic waters.

"And I'm sorry Harry, I fucking am. Beyond the coast, we walk without a single plan, do you realize that?"

"They're not going to find us so easy, and guess what? Just as long as they never will, that itself is the power we'll hold. We walk the line with all we got, then redemption is ours for every single sacrifice we made in that bank." I said, staring out at the ocean.

"I trust you. I do. But Dixie Jane is the ripple in between point make- or point break. She either makes it or breaks it from this point on, for all of us."

"That girl never needed leverage to be able to carry this plan out with us. I felt that, with everything. Trusted it too. But look at where that had gone." I chuckled dryly.

"And she's an angel; but the chaos has just fucking begun, that I do know. I feel that too."

"Then let it be." I said grimly.

Both our heads turned when Zayn had stepped out of the sailing room, rubbing his fingers into the thick scruff on his face before he sighed, crossing his arms. "I'm really sorry about your friend. But if she's smart as you say she is, she'll easily find some sort of fabrication so they'd let her walk."

"We'll find her. We spent nearly a year mapping this entire heist out, we'll do everything it takes to get her back."

"Yeah. She'll come around." Vera sighed, furrowing her eyebrows.

My gaze focused on a seagull soaring through the sky above us, perching on top of the flagpole.

_______________________________________________________