『18』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙹𝙰𝙲𝙺𝙰𝚂𝚂 𝙸𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁𝙻𝚄𝙳𝙴: 𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝟷

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE HEIST
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
CHAPTER
EIGHTEEN
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
JACKASS
INTERLUDE:
PART ONE
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

|____________________________|

[[ HARRY. ]]

It was then in that very moment it sunk in, that roughly eighteen hours later, we all felt the presence of Vera gone, at an inapprehensible extreme. Dead, and gone, who truly knew the medium to those two words? To answer that question, the five of us couldn't quite find that medium, and it hadn't been the most comforting thought that the girl was this close to a sudden death. I suppose the conclusion that had occurred to me was that she was alive; but the fact that she wasn't here was a thought that preyed within me silently. The 'what if.'

What if Ace hadn't aimed the adrenaline needle directly to where her heart was?

What if she fell short by the seconds?

"The funniest thing is that the guy wore a hula skirt to the nightclub. A hula skirt! How is that not funny?" Ace continued his pick up line to a joke for the third time, completely lost as to how only Dixie was the only one to snicker, shaking her head.

"Coconut shell bra and all, like in the midst of these elitely and finely dressed folks, now isn't that quite the plot twist." He laughed with her.

"And what if the man thought it was a Hawaiian themed night at this so-called club?" Carmen quirked a brow, unconvinced.

"Hmm." The humoring boy hummed, as he stroked his chin.

"This... This didn't actually happen, did it." Max had caught on quite soon.

"Nope." Ace chuckled.

"Oh what the hell?" Dixie's laughter had slowly died down, smacking Ace in the upper arm.

I felt myself sink. Not in a literal sense, just drowned out from the sound around me, and I stared at the wall in utter thought. So many of them had hit me within that moment, until I had felt Dixie press a hand to my arm.

"Harry. Are you okay?" She asked me, her eyes locking gazingly into mine.

I nodded. "I just think I realized something, and... I just think it'd be unsafe for you to come with us on the fifth floor. I don't think you should be there at all, maybe that's why I've been sitting here in silence for a while."

"Why is that exactly? I can swim perfectly fine." Dixie argued, to her dismay, she frowned at me.

"There's no telling how long we're going to be stuck there this time around, love. Nights, days, several hours, who knows. It's uncertain until I fixate on the last code."