『19』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙹𝙰𝙲𝙺𝙰𝚂𝚂 𝙸𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁𝙻𝚄𝙳𝙴: 𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝟸

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE HEIST
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
CHAPTER
NINETEEN
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
JACKASS
INTERLUDE:
PART TWO
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

|____________________________|

[[ ACE. ]]

"I need everyone to be calm, and collected. I said, calm. Hey you, bearded man breathing like a fifty year old woman who just ran a marathon, keep it down!" I raised my voice, pacing within that vault with quick feet.

With the minimal vaults cracked, the others and I had come to realize they were the easiest few to crack open because it consisted of locked boxes aligned on the wall's surface. My speculation was that these were personal valuables that civilians on the outside had kept within the bank. It had to be.

"Sorry, I'm sorry." The man nervously spoke, shaking his head as he screwed his eyes closed, sniffling.

"What? No, please don't tell me you're fucking crying, you need to stop crying." I cursed, running my fingers over the linen of the red ski mask over my face. "If my gun went to your head, like this. That'd be the time to cry me a fucking river. I only speak of the truth." My jaw tightened, as I firmly cocked my gun against the man's temple. Tears continuously left the man's eyes, Carmen quickly intervening as she had shoved me roughly.

"Hey, smartass. Stop harrassing the fucking hostages would you? We came here to check on them, so do the fucking job right." She glared at him. "If everyone would just remain calm, we'll be checking back in a few hours, possibly several. So it's solely our pleasure to pass around water bottles and granola bars for anyone who'd need them before we descend."

"What the fuck is going on?" A girl with a bleached buzz cut spoke up.

"None of your goddamn business. That's what." It wasn't long until Carmen had caved, triggered by the question itself. She just snapped abruptly.
"Can you come closer?" She batted her eyelashes, waggling her finger towards herself. She glanced up at her with icy blue eyes.

I watched as Carmen had obeyed, walking over to her as she had knelt to her knees. "I'm fucking sorry, but you need to–"

Before I could disentangle the situation before me, the hostage had spit saliva in her face, scrunching her nose in disgust.

"Bitch." Carmen cursed, lunging forward as she had grappled with her, gripping her blouse tightly as she dragged her, shoving the frail girl against the wall roughly. "Try that again bitch, I'll slam your fucking head into the wall. So be my guest."

She winced, slowly smirking with radiant smart-ass energy. "Anyday, slut."

"Hey! Fuck, break it up. Carmen, we don't have time for this stupid shit, we have to go." I nudged her.

"Yeah. If anybody tries something stupid like that again, shit is going to get fucking nasty. Stay here, sit pretty, kiss my ass for all I fucking care." I grumbled, Carmen storming out of the vault as she ran a hand over her ski mask.

We had both lurched the vault closed, as she shook her head. "They're losing their patience."

"That was the last of them. Look, they're just as on edge as we are right now, so we can't keep them steady forever. We've got eight days, and we're burning daylight, wherever the sun is right now. I feel it. We have to fucking move."