『13』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙿𝚄𝚂𝙷 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙿𝚄𝙻𝙻

author's note:

warning!!!!! smut sequences to follow ooof !!

- mia <3

____________________________________

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE HEIST
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
CHAPTER
THIRTEEN
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
THE
PUSH
AND
PULL
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

|________________________________|

[[ HARRY. ]]

[[ NOW ]]

With the room emptied, the rest of the hostages escorted back into the vaults, Dixie, the team, and I stood around the red telephone on the table. I had gripped the voice morpher in my right hand, my gaze in all its intensity fixated on the telephone.

"Whatever happens, everything'll be okay." Dixie murmured. "Look, they're probably pissed off right now after what went down here with those masks, but the upper hand is still right here. You do feel that, don't you?"

I nodded slowly. "You're right. Dixie, there's something I needed to tell you, I... Being involved with me, it isn't going to be easy. So I need you to be careful."

She slowly shook her head. "I'm in no way afraid, Harry. I–"

The phone on the table had a lively ringing in a gentle monotone droning sound, all heads turning to it as we circled around the desk.

Picking it up, and with a single click of the metal morpher, I had brought the phone to my ear. For a moment, no words were exchanged, only our breathing being heard.

"You've got the vents censored, don't you?" The detective rasped from the other end of the line.

"You can't be that stupid, can you? Do you care about these hostages or not? Because seemingly, you're getting quite sloppy with your motives here, detective."

"My job is to put an end to this, and you're nothing but a parasite, you and your entire team. You know that?"

"What makes you think another hostage won't be gunned down the second this heist gets put at the risk you're oh so willing to take?" I continued to dismiss the detective with questions. Since he had been so good at it, perhaps that struck a nerve in me to broaden his range. "You were this close detective, so I need you to be straight with me. Do you want another hostage down or not?"

"What? A hostage was killed?" His voice hindered to a soft tone.

"It was when we got in when someone was going to break the barrier. Through this telephone. You would've discovered one of us, and it isn't exactly inviting when this bank's surrounded by snipers of the SWAT folks. Believe it or not, my team and I aren't just people. These people aren't my blood, but they're my family. And we'd all go 'til the end to defend one another. If you had one yourself, you'd understand. You'd understand why I'm making this pact."

The detective remained silent, before he cursed gently in a disenchanted whisper. "Dammit."

"So what'll it be, detective? Shall we make this pact now? Shall we save the innocent people in this bank. Together. Or will more lives be taken for the sake of the print on this currency? You're in absolute control of the guns in our hold, detective Booker. It's your choice, so I'd suggest making the right one."