37

Leilani's POV:

Cesar lit the Prophets trap on fire? What the actual fuck.

"Do you think he was framed?" I asked them.

"He was." Jamal said. "Oscar framed him."

I couldn't believe what I just heard. Oscar framed his own brother?  You've got to be kidding me. That's such a low fucking blow.

"We all think Oscar framed him to cover up something. But we don't know what." Monse said.

"You guys deadass solved Roller World. You guys can get to the bottom of this. We all can get to the bottom of this." I said.

"With what leads?" Jamal said.

"I don't know look for clues." I said.

———

A few hours later...

"Oh my gosh! Ruby I told you to get that from the store!" Geny yelled.

"All I forget was some butter mom chill."

I laughed. "It's no big deal mama. I'll go get some from the corner store."

Ruby turned too look at me and gave me dirty look.

"What?" I questioned.

"Since when do you not call it the bodega?" He asked.

"Ru shut up."

I got up to leave. "I'll be back in like 15-20 minutes."

"Hey I'll come with you, hold on." Ru said.

"I guess." I said and walked out the door and waited for him on the porch.

———

We got what we needed from the bodega and a few extra things.

Me and Ru use to do this all the time. Just walk around Freeridge and talk. I mean now we have alcohol. But it's still the point. I just wish things were different. But I can't keep dwelling on the past.

Me and Ruby decided to take the long way.

"She's gonna yell at us like we're some kids when we get back." I laughed.

"Only because she's has to take care of your kid right now." Ruby laughed.

"It's not my fault Oscar's pull out game is weak as shit."

We busted out laughing. Then out of the corner of my eye, I seen the impala. The red impala. The car that Oscar use to drive.

It started to slow down and pull over.

"No way." Ruby said under his breath.

"Well if it isn't Loopy!" Sad Eyes shouted from the car.

I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"So what you leave Freeridge and then just come back and act like nothing happened?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"So what you're not gonna talk?" Sad Eyes asked as he got out of the car.

I put my hand on Ru's chest and pushed him back.

"Why would I talk to you? You have business associating with me anyways. I sealed all my tied when I left." I said.

"No you still got blood on your hands." He said poking my chest.

"Like what?" I said.

"Money." He paused.

"And?"

"Cesar." He said.

"What blood do I got on my hands with Cesar?" I said shocked.

"You're a part of the reason he's in prison."

-cantevenfunction