27

Oscar POV: (About two months later)

"Hey bebita."(Baby girl)I say as I see her rush into the bathroom. That was weird. But a minute later I see her come out.

"Everything alright?"I say walking up to her.

"Yeah everything's fine I think I just ate too much last night."She said.

I picked her up bridal style. "What are you doing?"She laughed.

"Taking up back to sleep. I know you get headaches after you throw up. So I'll be back with ginger ale, water, and Tylenol."

She blew me a kiss. "Why no...never mind you just threw up."

She laughed. Seeing her happy, and me making her happy. It all just made me so warm and fuzzy inside.

"Okay you go back to sleep, I'll be right back."

"Okay dad."She smirked.

"Ay...that's daddy to you."I smiled.

Leilani's POV: Like 3 hours later

I've been throwing up the past two mornings. I think it's cause I'm eating like right before I go to sleep. I don't know. I was escaped from my thoughts when I got a call from Geny.

Geny Leilani

"Hey Mija. How have you been?"

"I've been better. But are you home right now?"

"Yes of course come over. I'll see you in..?"

"You'll see my in like 15-20 minutes."

"Okay Lani. See you in a minute."

She said before she hung up.

I called Oscar to let him know I was going over there. I guess it was what ever because he was out with his boys.

-----

"You feel okay?"Geny asked me handing me a cup of water.

"Yeah just a slight headache. Why?"I looked at her confused.

She just stared at me as if I was dumb. Then I thought holy shit.

"No. There's no way."I said.

"Leilani. Yes. Come on let's go get a test."

"No, I'm not-"She cut me off.

"Then let's find out."She said grabbing her keys. I decided I wasn't going to argue with her. I just left it at where we were. Cause now I was curious.

-----

I walked into the store and grabbed two tests.

I went up to the count and when I did someone walked in. I thanked the guy working at the counter and turned around to see Oscar. I just turned my head and walked out.

I quickly got back into the car hoping that he didn't see what was in my bag. I was praying to god that he didn't.

I started to ball my eyes out.

"Hey what's wrong?"She said rubbing my back.

"He- he walked in. What if he doesn't want it? What if I am? What if he kicks me out? What if anything negative happens and we just fixed things."I sobbed.

"Hey you always have me. Okay? You have always figured it out Lani. Every year I see you grow. I've seen you become a better, bigger and more mature person. Ever since you were a young girl you have always handled everything around you."

I started calming down. She was right. If anything did go wrong, I would figure it out one way or another.

"Your right. Thank you...Mom."I looked at her and she looked like she was about to cry.

"You finally said it. I've been waiting for you to call me that for years."

"Hey this no time for crying."I laughed wiping away my last few tears as I did I saw Oscar walk out.

-----

I took the tests. I honestly don't think I'm pregnant and Geny's overreacting. I was just waiting for them to come back.

"When does Ruby come back from college?"I asked.

"In like 4 months for Thanksgiving."She said.

"Well, that's too long. I'm still so proud of all of them for making something out of themselves. Monse with writing, Jamal and investigation, Ruby and business, Cesar and architecture. I'm so proud of them for making it out."

She came over to me and rubbed my back. "You'll make it your happy somewhere and make it out one day." With that the timer went off for the tests. I went to the bathroom to grab the flipped over tests.

I brought them to the dining room to flip them over with Geny.

"We should sit down for this."She and pulled out a chair.

I started to breathe heavy. Honestly I was scared. "It's okay Lani. You'll be fine with whatever answer it is."

I took a deep breath and flipped over the tests.

I was pregnant.

-cantevenfunction