25

Leilani' POV:

The Santos were waiting in the garage waiting for me to come back.

I knew I wasn't going to tell Oscar, about what she said. He'd freak out, get insecure, then we'd fight. It's just to much.

I know she's not in my head. But it's hard for her words to not keep replaying in my head. Abut leadership, and mostly about marrying Oscar.

"She's back!"I heard Lil' Johnny say then walk into the garage.

And I followed him in.

"So what'd she say?"Sad Eyes said.

"Plans suppose to be set in motion."I said letting out a deep breath.

"How do we give them Jefferson?"Reggie said.

"Wait till they come around again, or cause a problem. Give it to them make them think that were scared. They'll try making another move, and boom. We take Jefferson back. Let people know that we don't fuck around and we can't be trusted the new incoming generation of gangs. After that people won't fuck around with us."I shrugged.

---

I flopped down on the bed with Oscar laying down right next to me.

"What else did she say?"He asked.

"Nothing. Why'd you ask?"I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Because I can tell when your lying and holding something back."He said aggressively.

"Oscar, literally nothing. Stop being paranoid."I shouted.

"Yes there is Leilani! Or else you wouldn't have gotten so defensive!"He yelled.

"No Oscar I'm literally pissed off at the fact that you think I would keep shit from you!"
But truth be told I was just pissed at myself for lying to him.

He stormed out of the room.

I felt so bad, I know I said I wasn't going to tell him. But is really worth us fighting?

I followed him out. I saw he was grabbing his keys.

I sighed, "Oscar. Where are you going?"

"I think I'm not gonna tell you because nothings wrong."He said this before slamming the front door.

I wasn't gonna chase after him, I know how much he hates when I lie to him. And I know he knows I know that I'm lying to him.

I just went back into our bedroom, and cried. I couldn't help it. I loved this man so much that I would take all the pain in the world just have him hold me in his arms. But him not showing that he loved me hurt the most.

I don't know why he was over reacting. I don't know why he just left so angry. Didn't even care that he hurt me.

---

Oscar's been gone for hours.

I finally decided that I was gonna go to sleep at like 3.

I was laying there waiting for my body to finally shut down and let me sleep, when I heard the front door open.

I heard Oscar's foot steps stumble to our bedroom.

I sat up and waited for him to open the door.

"Your still up?"He slurred his words.

"Yeah I am. I couldn't sleep."I said low because know he's drunk.

"Baby. I'm sorry."I heard his voice crack.

And I started to tear up.

"No, Oscar it's fine."

"No it's not Lei."I saw a single tear fall down his face.

"I know it's not I just don't care."I turned so I'd be able to sit in front of him on the bed.

He wrapped his arms around me and held me.

"Why don't you care Lei?" When he said that I put my face into his chest and started crying.

"Because I can smell her perfume."

-cantevenfunction