41

Leilani's POV:

I decided that I needed me and Isaac time. I haven't spent a lot of time with my boy and I needed too. He's my priority before anything else. Even though I should be fixing bullshit that isn't mine to begin with, I'm still going to prioritize the time I get with him while I can.

"Why don't you go swim?" I ask him.

"I'm not wearing any swim clothes."

"I'm gonna let you break the rules this time. Go swim. But don't go in too deep." I smiled.

Before I knew it he was hopping around the water. I laughed at him.

I love my boy. He has such a beautiful personality. He has the most luscious curls and beautiful big brown eyes. (He gets that from me, obviously).

"Hey, excuse me Miss!" A taller man approached me.

"Hi? How can I help you?" I asked.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you're time with what appears to be your child."

"No you're alright, is anything I can help you with?"

"Yeah I was wondering if I could get your number. I know terrible approach, but you are incredibly stunning and I'd love to take you out some time."

I looked at him confused. "I'm sorry but-"

"Listen how about you give me your number and we talk for awhile. If it doesn't work, then we call it from there. All I'm asking for is a chance."

"Give me your number and I'll text." I said.

He handed me a piece of paper.

"Prepared are we?"

"Yes we are. But I'm just leaving actually, so I'll be looking forward to your text."

"Okay, oh by the way, what's your name?"

"Text me and find out!" He shouted.

I shook my head and laughed at what had just happened.

I turn my attention back to Isaac. I decided to put my feet in the water and play around with him.

———

"I don't know Ru. I'm just stressed." I said.

"Okay about what? You've kept secrets from me before. Can we not start doing that again." Ruby said.

"Some guy gave me his number when I was at the beach today." I squeaked.

"Are you serious? Text him. You need to keep your options open and go for something new."

"No she doesn't." Oscar said walking in through the back door.

Me and Ru looked at each other. "What the fuck?" We both said in unison.

-cantevenfunction