.♦. Part Of The Family .♦.

🌹 Eliza's POV 🌹

Gun shots.

Screaming.

Blood.

Crying.

Dead bodies.

Beatings.

Whipping sounds.

I opened my eyes, inhaling a deep breath.

It was just a nightmare.

I stared at the baby blue colored ceiling as I tried to collect myself. All these memories and flashbacks running in my head . I might be free from my dad physically, but mentally I'm still his prisoner. All these years of abuse won't go away with a snap of my finger , they're gonna take a long time to subside.

What am I going to do now?

I have nowhere to go. My house? It doesn't even belong to my dad , it's owned by the gang . Even if they give it to me for free I could never stay in it, each corner of it will remind me of the ugly beatings I somehow survived.

I have no money, no shelter and no family. I don't even have friends.

I have to start a new life in a new place . Find a job and then ... live my life. I've never thought about it till now. I can finally live like a normal human being. I can make friends, go on a walk whenever I want , wear whatever the hell I want , build my future that I always dreamed of and.... find love?

But in order to do all of this first I have to find a new job and make enough money. I can never ask Mason or his family to help more than they already did. I can't stay here longer either , after all Mason hates me for I betrayed his trust.

A sigh left my lips as a headache was starting from all the overthinking I'm doing . Damn I'm thirsty .

I got off of the bed as my feet touched the cold floor and made my way to the bathroom to freshen up before throwing some clothes on and heading downstairs.

As I entered the kitchen I was met by Luke's bareback as he prepared breakfast whilst humming some tune. I cleared my throat announcing my presence before grabbing a cup of water.

"Good Morning " we both said at the same time to which he chuckled.

"I'm surprised someone actually wakes up as early as me , usually no one is up until like one more hour" he said.

I shrugged and said " I was never allowed to sleep in , I had to wake up at seven everyday".

"Oh" Luke said. Why did I have to say that and make things awkward? " I'm sorry you had to go through that, but I'm happy you're free now" he added with a smile, not a "I pity you" smile but more like an "I'm proud of you" smile.

And that absolutely warmed my heart , don't ask me why but it just did. Luke was the ideal caring big brother I always dreamed of. The kind of protective brother that I wished I had to help me and protect me from my monsters.

"Have a seat, breakfast will be served soon, in the meantime keep me company?" He asked to which I nodded .

"Bro put a shirt on, my girl and Eliza are around " Elijah said as he and Audrey entered the kitchen before we exchanged good morning's.