Hau are you, Hala?

Ash and co. finally reached Iki Town, where Hala lives. Hala was waiting for them outside his hut with a boy about Ash's age beside him, who could only be Hau.

"Alola, Kukui! How are you, friend?" Hala greeted the Professor.

"Alola, Hala! I'm doing alright, and so is my class." 

"Ah, yeah. Alola everyone! For those who don't know, I'm Hala, the Island Kahuna. This is my grandson, Hau." Hala introduced himself and his grandson.

"Alola! Pleasure to meet y'all!" Hau cheerfully greeted.

"Now, I hear someone is undergoing the Island Trial, and is here for their first Grand Trial?" Hala said, looking through Kukui's class.

"That would be me." Ash said, stepping forward. "Alola, Mr. Hala. I'm Ash, and I'm here for my Grand Trial!"

"Ah, so you're Ash! I hear you were runner-up in Kalos. That's mighty impressive! I bet you'll have no trouble against me with THAT crew!" Hala said.

"Well, I actually start from scratch each new region I go to. The only Pokémon I have here with me that were in Kalos are Pikachu and Greninja." Ash explained, releasing Greninja.

"The Greninja who had that strange power boost?" Hau asked. "Awesome..." He said in awe.

"Yeah, Greninja is great, but I'm not using him this time. I have to give my other Pokémon the spotlight sometimes, too!" Ash said, chuckling as he returned Greninja.

"Alright, well then lets go to the Ruins of Conflict for your Grand Trial, Ash!" Hala said. "Hau, would you ref for us?"

"You bet, gramps!" Hau agreed.

"Great! Lets go then." Hala led the party to the Ruins of Conflict, and he and Ash performed a small ritual, asking for Tapu Koko's blessing for the Grand Trial. Ash was getting uncomfortable waiting for Koko's answer, but when Koko's sharp trill was heard, Ash knew that Koko was listening, and maybe even watching.

"Wonderful. Tapu Koko has blessed us. We can now begin." Hala said, walking over to one side of the cave. Ash caught on, and began walking over to the other side. As he walked past Lillie, she whispered something into his ear, before joining the others on the sidelines. Ash smiled, before continuing to the other side of the cave. Hau stood in the middle of the sidelines.

"This is a Melemele Island Grand Trial between Kahuna Hala, and Trial-goer Ash! Are both Trainers ready?"

Hala and Ash nodded, and readied their Pokémon.

"Trainers, send out your Pokémon!" Hau said.

"Rowlet!"

"Crabrawler!"

The two Pokémon were released from their PokéBalls, and Rowlet took to the sky.

Hau checked on the condition of both Pokémon. Once he decided both were battle-ready, he initiated the battle.

"GRAND TRIAL BEGIN!"

"Crabrawler, Bubble Beam!" Hala said, and Crabrawler launched a vollley of bubbles at Rowlet.

"Weave around them, then Leafage!" Ash said, and Rowlet began flying around, avoiding the bubbles, before launching a barrage of leaves.

"Deflect them with Power-Up Punch!"

Crabrawler's pinchers glowed, and the crab began destroying the leaves with its pinchers. This left Crabrawler wide open, and Ash went in for the strike.

"While it's busy! Peck!" Rowlet charged, and jabbed Crabrawler with his beak, causing Crabrawler to flinch, and get hit by some of the Leafage it was deflecting.