2

Y/N still isn't a fan of the fact she and Lea are doing the tour but her best friend just seems so happy. Maybe it's because Lea always wanted to be a scientist. That's all she's wanted in her life and now she's getting the chance to view it up close up and personal. Despite her own feelings, Y/N shuts them down and supports her best friend. They'd both already agreed to not signing up, and Lea trusts Y/N's opinion as much as Y/N trusts hers. Something feels off about this place, and she's positive signing up could very well be the end of their lives. She doesn't care how righteous they make it sound.

"Good morning everyone! Glad to see you all here bright and early," Axel tells the group. "I promise you will not be disappointed."

Y/N rolls her eyes but follows the scientist through the tour of the lab. It's bigger on the inside than she imagined it would be. The building didn't look nearly as big on the outside. However, she does glance a few staircases behind glass windows in a few doors. This place has more levels and Y/N would guarantee they have more underground. Despite as 'open' as they're trying to come off, there's definitely something off about this place. The floor all of you do get to explore looks a lot like a scene out of a sci-fi novel. A bed, a small bathroom, and a few shelves all behind reinforced glass that's nearly impossible to break.

Doctor Axel mentions the space of the rooms are twenty by twenty foot pods and that everyone gets access to whatever their hearts desire. They just have to stay for a few weeks for monitoring. From what Y/N gathers, it takes a few weeks for things to kick in, so the more ways to keep people happy the better. An electronic hologram screen lights up when Doctor Axels taps on one of the doors, several body statistics popping up on screen.

"Anyone want to give it a try?" Doctor Axel asks with a grin.

A murmur goes through the crowd but no one steps forward, everyone hesitant on such advanced technology. A loud yelp leaves her when she's suddenly shoved forward by someone, stumbling into the doctor's arms.

"My bad," A guy from behind you says with an awkward laugh. "I was distracted."

"Well, what would you say to volunteering?" Doctor Axel questions as he stands Y/N back up. "If you're brave enough."

She knows she shouldn't rise up to the challenge. As badly as she may want to. Who's to say what could happen. Y/N opens her mouth to object but is sent tumbling through the open pod door and into the room. She scrambles to her feet, slamming her hand down on the clear door.

"Get me out!" She barks, not sure they can even hear her.

"Relax! I just lost my grip. Now, while we get you out, everyone pay attention to the screen,"
Doctor Axel declares with a grin.

If Lea wasn't ready to greet her when the door opens Y/N would be going to jail for an assault charge today. Lost his grip her ass! He did that on purpose!

"Don't cause a scene," She hisses quietly in Y/N's ear.

Y/N glares at her friend but lets out a quiet sigh and nods her head. She hangs in the back of the group after that. Doctor Axel takes everyone to a medical room next where many different people are hooked up to machines, doctors constantly monitoring vitals. He explains patients must spend their first week monitoring to ensure all signs are viral before they receive any kind of treatment. Patients are then brought into a normal medical room with a hospital bed. Everyone doesn't fail to notice the restraints on the bed, the doctor explaining they're a precaution against any kind of adverse reactions.

"What kind of reactions are you worried about?" Someone at the front questions.

"Due to administering animal DNA our concern is with primal instincts. Once the human and animal DNA splice together it is quite possible for animal instincts to take over. The desire to just hunt, eat, and mate are our main concerns. Should we notice any sign of this we are equipped with straps and should the primal strength take over we will administer a sedative. All of this is just a precaution but we have yet to encounter any such event," Doctor Axel explains to everyone.