9

"That dress looks mighty fine on you. Trender you did a good job," Offender purrs, dodging Slender's tendril with a snort of laughter.

"She does look stunning doesn't she?" Splendor giggles softly, failing to notice his brother's 'glare'.

"Quit ogling my girlfriend!" Slender snaps, coming to stand behind me in order to block me from everyone's view.

"Learn to take a compliment Slender. We're obviously complimenting your tastes by complimenting her," Offender purrs.

"Offender your idiot is showing," Y/N scolds, setting the eggs she made on the table for everyone to dig into.

"My pride is ruined!" Offender cries with fake hurt. "Slendy make your girlfriend be nice."

"No," Slender grumbles, taking a seat at the table once Y/N is seated.

"Dig in everyone," Y/N says with a bright smile, her hand coming to hold Slender's under the table.

~~~~

"Y/N, there's some humans on the border. Would you mind taking care of them? My brothers are out for the day," Slender asks with a gentle sigh.

"Sure thing. I'll be back in a bit," Y/N smiles, giving her boyfriend a quick kiss before heading out.

Y/N slinks through the woods in her feline form and heads towards the coordinates Slender had given her, daring through the trees until she comes across the humans. Her fur bristles when she recognizes a few people of the group to be Axel's scientists, hiding out in some bushes so she can listen to them.

"She has to be around here. How can she just disappear like that! She hasn't gone home yet," Jack snarls, huffing in frustration.

"There's no sign of her Jack. Face if, either she's hiding really well or something got her," Another scientist points out.

"Damn it! She's our only successful mutation so far," Jack huffs, earning a relieved sigh from me.

Good they weren't getting anywhere else with their experiments. Y/N carefully slinks back to Slender mansion, knowing she wouldn't be able to take them all on her own without being caught.

"Slender," She calls, a bit nervous as she enters his office. "It was the scientists. I couldn't take them all on."

"That's alright. At least now I know which border they're around," Slender assures her. "Do not worry. I am not angry. We just have to be careful because if they keep getting close to the border they might be able to stumble into my woods."

"They seemed pretty discouraged so I don't think you'll have any more problems," Y/N assures him.

"I can't take that chance. My brothers and I will wipe out the entire facility," Slender assures.

"When you do can I accompany you? I'd like to see justice with my own eyes," Y/N says, her eyes pleading on Slender's.

"Of course. I wouldn't dream of enacting revenge without you," Slender assures her.

"Thank you, Slender," Y/N sighs with a relieved smile.

~~~~

Axel grows even more furious when they're still unable to find their successful experiment, shoving everything off his desk with an angry yell. Fine, they would just have to get more people to experiment on! They weren't in the media enough to have suspicion fall upon them so kidnapping a few more people wouldn't be that hard. Rumors were starting to spread and he needed another successful experiment to squash them dammit! Hmm, that friend of Y/N's. Perhaps whatever made Y/N successful will have somehow rubbed off on her friend. He would send Jack out to grab her soon.....

"Axel, we've found her!" Jack cries, rushing in through his office door. "We finally found her."

"Where?" Axel asks, relief flooding through him.

"This is going to sound strange but when we enter the woods they seem to change at a certain point, almost as if we're walking between rifts. We found fresh paw prints in the mud that match Y/N'sl Jack explains. "If we explore further then we're likely to find her."

"Then what are you waiting for? Go find her!" Axel snarls. "Better yet, I will help to make sure you buffoons don't fuck it up!"

"A-As you wish," Jack fumbles, nervous from his boss' anger.

He had reservations about all of this but he knew that if we wanted to keep his job, let alone his life, he needed to follow Axel's every order. He felt guilt for harming the young woman and all the other people that got hurt in the process. They were lucky that money was enough to shut them up but how long until money no longer worked? How much longer until their funding was cut due to lack of results?! They already had to cover up Y/N's escape and they were hitting constant dead ends with everyone else, the government and their top donators wouldn't be so inclined to donate money anymore if they ever found out how unsuccessful they were.

"Jack, are you alright?" One of the scientists calls, earning a soft sigh from his lips.

"No but it's nothing to worry about. Axel is joining us on the next search party. Let's hope we manage to find her," Jack tells her with a heavy sigh.

"If we don't want this place to go under them we can only hope," She tells him with her own heavy sigh.

"But at the same time I'd rather let her be. After everything I wouldn't want to come back here either," Jack mumbles softly.