Chapter IX - keychain figurine

As fast as my legs could go, I walked out of the lounge with Lucifer right behind me.

After turning the corner somewhere and deciding that we were far enough away, I abruptly stopped and turned around, making Lucifer almost walk into me.

He took a step back and watched as I laughed. "That was amazing! You were perfect!" I never would have though we would be able to get past my parents so easily, especially not Dad.

It took him a second but Lucifer started to laugh with me too. "I know." He said before clearing his throat and quoting himself. "I only want her to be happy."

He said that in such a weird tone I burst out in laugher again. "You know, if you were human, you'd make the perfect boyfriend." It's too bad he isn't.

Lucifer heard that then turned his head slightly to the side. "I already am," he brought his hand up and combed it through his hair. "The perfect boyfriend."

He ended with a smirk and a wink, sending me back into fits of laughter. "Well then perfect boyfriend, let's go shopping."

---

I love those little shops in the airport that sell little trinkets and stuff. Not because I want to buy them but because they're nice to browse.

Although, by the time we were done, I did get a little something.

"Lucifer, this is for you." I held out a little keychain figurine in front of us as we walked back to the boarding area. He held his palm out and I put it down.

"When'd you get this?" He asked, a little confused. I secretly got it when he was looking at the rows of dvds. "That last store." I explained as he brought it closer to inspect. "Don't you think it looks like you?"

He abruptly stopped in his steps and scrunched his nose up at the little thing in his palm. "I do not look like this. This thing looks horrendous." He fumed and shoved the figurine back to me.

"Hold on a minute." Was all he said next before he walked back in the direction we came. He was probably going to get something better, I though as I held the figurine up by it's chain.

It was probably some character from a cartoon or anime that I didn't know, but the moment I saw it hanging on the shelf I thought of Lucifer the first night he showed up in my apartment. So, of course I had to get it for him.

Not too long later, Lucifer walked back. He held up another figurine which looked pretty normal. There's no way it was him since it had a short skirt and long hair.

"Is this," I paused to take a closer look, "me?"

I didn't know if I should laugh or not. It looked pretty cute to me. I looked to Lucifer who seemed to be quite proud of himself. He gave a nod and gestured to the figurine in my hand. "Yes. I'll be keeping this so you keep that ugly thing."

I watched as he curled his fingers slightly around the keychain before it disappeared in a small puff of smoke. "Where'd it go?"

I'm pretty used to seeing him do magical things by then but I was still curious. And he was still smug. "I kept it." He shrugged as I shook my head. I'd think that was pretty obvious.

"Where'd you put it?"

Lucifer hummed as he thought about his answer. "Where I put my money." I clicked my tongue at him and turned around. "Fine, you keep your secrets."

We strolled back to the boarding gate to see a big group gathered at there. The closer we got, I started to realise that they were with us. It was everyone we were supposed to meet earlier.

Leslie quickly spotted us and waved to get our attention. "Hey you guys! Come say hi." She called out, making everyone turn over to look at us.

I gave her a quick wave in return as I stepped closer to Lucifer. "Yea, go say hi!" I mimicked her voice and laughed. It was a big crowd and they would definitely be all over Lucifer.

"I'm going to the toilet. You have fun." I smirked up at him, I wanted no part in this. But before I could step away, his arm snaked around my waist and held me in place. "Come on." He grinned, "perfect couple, right?"

"No." I whined and started to struggle out of his grip. "I don't want to say hi." I continued in a hushed whisper but it's too late, he's pulled me to the group.

"I'm sure everyone remembers Kyra." Leslie introduced me and I turned to face everyone. I struggled out of Lucifer's grip and greeted them with an awkward smile. I've met them once before and never again, they're not my type of people.

They quickly crowd around us, not because of me but because of Lucifer. All of a sudden, they were all asking Lucifer questions and commenting about how good-looking he was.

I turned over to see that Lucifer was a little overwhelmed, trying to smile as he looked from one girl to the next.

I let it go on for a couple more seconds before jumping in to help him. "This is Lucifer." I introduced him as I tugged at his shirt and he stepped towards me.

Put your arm around me again and kiss me.

He did as I said, wrapping his arm warmly around my shoulders. I lean into him and wrap mine around his waist. "And he's my boyfriend." I finished his introduction with a smile.

Without missing a beat, Lucifer leaned down and landed a peck on my head. They've all gone quiet and were just watching us.

"Nice to meet you." Lucifer greeted them as he straightened up. I was biting my lip trying to stop myself from laughing. Look at their faces! I said and raised my eyebrow up at him.

Leslie who watched the whole thing go down, stepped in. "We can board the plane now." She said as she steered her group of friends to the gate. She was probably holding back her laughter too.

Now that they were gone, I chuckled as I turned to Lucifer and raised my hand up for a high-five. He shook his head while smiling and gave me a high-five anyway.

"Well, we should get on too." I told him and nudge my head in the direction of the entrance. "You know," he sucked in a breath and looked at me hopefully, "I can still teleport us there."

He's still going on about that. I let out a hum, pretending to consider his offer. "I..." Dragging out my answer, I hooked out arms together and started to drag him over to the entrance.

"I don't think so."

He let out his breath and grumbled. "Come on, you've never been on a plane before. It'll be fun."