Chapter XXVI - welcome to hell

We step into this huge room, flames burning from small torches attached to the walls were the only source of light. There wasn't much to see anyways, everything was a shade of black from the walls to the ceiling.

I turned around to find myself at the bottom of a set of stairs leading up to a throne, which also happened to be black. I could barely see Lucifer's figure as he made his way up and took his place.

"What do you think?" Lucifer's voice echoed through the roommate, no longer sounding like a human.

"It could use a bit of colour." I joked, making my way up to him. The closer I got, the more clearly I could see him. The mask he had on the first time we met was back in its place and somehow, he seemed to be a little larger than I remembered. Black smoke wafted around his body as he watched me approach.

I looked to him which was honestly a bit hard because there wasn't anything to look at but the mask. I guess he would look pretty scary to other humans, not me of course and especially not after spending these few weeks with him, getting to know him.

"Your majesty." I greeted when I got to the highest step, giving him a slight bow as well.

He waved me off and I'm pretty sure behind the mask he was rolling his eyes. "Do you have to wear this?" I walked over and attempted to lift it off his face.

It came off pretty easily and I'm staring into the black beady eyes of Lucifer. His lips pull up into a grin as he watched me study him, "are you scared?" He asked and I catch a glimpse of his sharp teeth and forked tongue.

I let out a hum and pinch his cheeks, "I think you actually look pretty cute."

I see his eyes widen just the slightest as he stood up, "you might be the only one who thinks that." With that, he grabbed my arm and the next second we were somewhere else entirely.

This place had a little more colour, dark shades of red here and there. "Where are we now?" I questioned, turning in a circle to see a bed in the middle of the room.

"My room."

Walking over to fall onto the bed, Lucifer started to rummage through one of his drawers before coming over with a small vial in hand. "Here, drink this." He said, popping it open and handing it to me.

I eye him suspiciously as I take the vial. "This isn't some poison or something?" I asked, bringing it up to my nose to take a whiff.

"Really?" Lucifer sighed, "no of course it's not poison. It's a spell to make you look like a devil." I was already drinking it as he explained. It was kind of sweet and salty. "Well I don't feel anything." I commented, passing the empty vial back to him.

I hold my hand out in front of me, still looks like a human to me. With a wave of his hand, Lucifer made a mirror appear in front of us. My reflection was dark skinned, sharp teeth and forked tongue just like him.

I open and close my mouth a few times and grinned, just to see how I look as a devil. "This is how you'll look like to everyone else." Lucifer gestured to my reflection and I give him a nod.

"Lucifer, I heard you're bringing someone to the wedding."

A voice appeared from behind the mirror. With another flick of his hand, the mirror disappears to reveal a devil walking over. "Oh," she paused in her tracks as she sees me sitting on the bed, beside Lucifer. "She's already here."

Lucifer got up as he started to introduce us and I got up with him. "Halie, meet Kyra." He said as he lazily gestured towards me. "Kyra, this is my sister, Halie. Who should be planning her wedding." That last part was obviously directed at her.

She waved him off, her eyes glued to mine. I guess I should say something. "Congratulations." I offered, with a small smile.

"Ah I'm only doing this to throw a party. I won't be married by the end of it." She said, a slight frown forming like just the thought of being married disgusted her.

"Kyra was it? How come I've never seen you before?" Halie tilted her head at me, studying my features. "I'm, um, new...?" I replied before Lucifer could, making it sound more like a question than an answer.

"New?" With raised eyebrows, her eyes shifted to Lucifer. "I didn't know you'd create someone to keep you company." Halie burst out in laughter at this new revelation.

"It's none of your business." Lucifer grumbled. Create someone? Maybe I said something wrong. It's not like I could have told her the truth.

I peeked up at Lucifer, who looked pretty annoyed as Halie continued to laugh. "Like you said, I do have a wedding to plan." She finally said, between giggles. Glancing to the bed and back to us, "didn't mean to interrupt."

With a smirk she turned and vanished.

"What just happened?" I asked, slightly confused. Lucifer let out a long sigh and started to explain. "I can create new devils if I want to, and she thinks I created you just for," he paused, thinking of the right word to use. "Company." He finished, gesturing to the bed.

"Oh." I blinked at him before realising what he's actually saying, "oh. You mean..."

I let out a forced chuckle, well that's a little awkward. "Sorry." I offered with a sheepish smile. Lucifer shook his head, "it's fine. At least now she won't bother us anymore."

I walked back to the bed and took a seat. "Well, you should start explaining about the wedding and everything before I say something wrong again."

A/n
Hey guyss, hope you're enjoying the story so far.
I just wanted to say I'll be updating once every few days from now on, and hopefully this time I'll finish the story (I'm still thinking about how I should end it)
Thanks for all you support, it really means a lot :)))
Stay tuned !!