Chapter XVIV - lovebirds

There's a glint in her eyes before she gave us a short nod, leading us away from the room. As we follow behind her, Leslie and her friends all turn to watch us go. I pressed my lips together to stop myself from laughing as we entered another room.

The lady told us to take a seat before she left and I spun around to grin up at Lucifer. "Did you see all their faces," I giggled. All of Leslie's friends looked so jealous, they could only wish to have a boyfriend like Lucifer. He just rolled his eyes at me in reply, sidestepping me to take a seat.

"You're amazing." I continued, not bothered by his lack of enthusiasm. Asking Lucifer to be my date was the best thing I could ever have thought of, this was going so so well.

"Because I'm rich and handsome." He added, nodding to himself. Now it was my turn to roll my eyes, "yes yes, my rich and handsome boyfriend. What would I ever do without you." He chuckles at this while the lady cleared her throat behind me.

She had arranged a tray full of jewellery for us to see while silently listening to our conversation, and she was slightly grinning. "How long have you two lovebirds been together?"

It must have been the millionth time I've heard that question, how do real couples even keep up with having to reply the same things again and again? "I think it's been about, two weeks." I replied as she glanced between the both of us.

Two weeks, huh. I can't believe it's actually been so long since I summoned Lucifer into my living room. I turned to meet Lucifer's eyes, it feels like we just met but at the same time like we've known each other since forever.

"How did you two meet?" I didn't have to look back at her to know that she thought two weeks was probably pretty short, anyone could tell from the way she asked her next question.

"It was an accident actually." I gave a slight chuckle, my eyes not leaving Lucifer's. Thinking back to when he first showed up in my house and how far we've come, I added with a smile, "but I don't regret it at all."

I could be wrong but I swear I saw Lucifer's lips tilt up slightly. It was true, these past two weeks have been pretty fun and even more so with Lucifer.

"It's been the most interesting two weeks in my life." He shakes his head as he replies, holding my stare. The most interesting in the devil's life, that's some achievement. "I must be pretty special huh." I couldn't help but say.

Lucifer sucks in a breath through his teeth. "I don't know about special but," he pauses as if not knowing what to say, "you're definitely something."

Now what do I say to that.

He looks so sincere, I knew right away he didn't mean it as a bad thing. I stand there, blinking at him, totally not expecting to hear that. Before I opened my mouth to say something stupid, the lady swoops in to save the day.

"Look at the two of you." She chuckles before bringing the tray over. I force out a laugh and turn my attention to the jewellery, trying to push what Lucifer said out of my mind. He probably didn't even mean anything by it, I was just caught up in the moment and overthinking things.

I looked over the bracelets, rings, necklaces and earrings laid out. I could see that they all matched my dress but I didn't need so much jewellery. In the end I picked a few rings and a necklace.

The lady seemed pretty pleased as she left to ring them up.

"Should I get something for Leslie?" I turned to asked Lucifer. He raised his eyebrow at me from his seat, seemingly bored. "What for?" He questioned me back.

"For her wedding present." I admitted, knowing it's pretty late to still not have a gift. "You haven't gotten her anything?" Lucifer questioned me again.

I grumbled at him, "What? It's not like you got your sibling anything." From the looks of it, I was right. He blinked at me then turns to the tray of jewellery that was left. "So what do you want to get? I think the bracelets look nice." He says, switching the topic.

I chuckled but turned my attention to the bracelets anyway. They aren't really my thing but I think Leslie would like them. I picked one up and imagined Leslie with it, it would look pretty good. Lucifer gave a hum of approval and with that, I passed it to the lady when she got back, this time with boxes of shoes.

We opened them up and I spot one that I had to try on, a pair of  white stilettos.

After I put them on, I got up and tried to walk around in them. From how wobbly I was getting up, Lucifer had sighed and got up with me, assumingly standing guard in case I fall.

I took a step and then another before my legs started to wobble. It felt like I was about to fall and I thrust my arms out to steady myself, slightly brushing against Lucifer's.

He had thrown his arms around me to catch me, but I steadied myself just in time. His arms immediately fell back to his side, like he was hiding what he just did. I let out a small chuckle, which Lucifer definitely heard, before taking a few more steps.

Now I was really falling. My right ankle tipped to the side and I lost my balance, my out-thrown arms were not of much help this time as I fell through the air. Lucifer thought I had gotten the hang of it and was a few steps behind me, not close enough to catch me.

My eyes flew shut as I fell through the air and braced myself for impact.

Only I did not hit the cold hard ground. I let out a sigh of relief and peeked open my eyes to see Lucifer frowning down at me, slightly out of breath. He must have caught me just in time.

"My knight in shining armour." I grinned up at him, thankful that he didn't let me fall.

He lets out a sigh, "you're definitely not getting those." Of course not, I just wanted to try them on. Lucifer helps me get back on my feet then turns to the lady who's just been watching us by the side. "Could you get her something less dangerous."

With a small chuckle she nods and leaves for a shorter pair of heels. Lucifer then guides me back to the bench, with one of his hands pressed to my lower back and another grabbing my arm, frowning down at my heels the entire time.

I don't say a thing as he gets me to sit.  Before I could lean down to take them off, he's already kneeling and pulling them off for me. A small smile creeps up my lips as I watch him unbuckle my shoes.

Never would I have thought the devil would be such a gentleman.

"Why would you even try these on when you can't wear them?" Lucifer grumbles as he sets the first shoe aside, obviously annoyed. I shrug, "because they're pretty."

He glances up at me for a second before returning to take off the other shoe. After a moments silence, he mumbles something under his breath.

It sounded a lot like "but you're pretty already."

Before I could ask and probably embarras him, he said something else. "Are your hurt?" Not bothering to look up at me to see me shaking my head, he gently grabs my right ankle to inspect for himself.

"Come on, I'm fine Lucifer." I reply, wiggling my foot out of his grasp before reaching over to ruffle his hair. It seemed like a natural thing to do but I quickly pulled my hand away when I realised what I was doing.

Lucifer didn't seem to mind though, as he stood up and brushed the dirt off his knee.

A/n
Hellooo, I'm back !! sorry it's been soo long 😬😬
Anyways, I was thinking I'd write and publish a few more today since it's been a while soo, hope you guys enjoy itt !! :)))
Also please forgive my grammar, I'll come back and edit these someday (maybe)