Chapter XXXI - lose lose situation

I ended up taking a nap but not before telling Lucifer to go back to the party. He didn't have to miss it just because of me. I just needed a little nap.

He reluctantly left only because I told him I wouldn't sleep if he was still here.

I had just fallen asleep when a rustling by the bed woke me up. "Lucifer?" I mumbled, he must have waited for me to fall asleep to sneak back in.

"I told you to go back." I grumbled, pushing the covers off to get up but someone else spoke. Definitely not Lucifer.

"Last time I checked, I wasn't Lucifer." She said with a sinister chuckle.

I shot up from the bed and stared wide-eyed at her, standing by the bed. "Amari?" I frowned, trying to understand what was going on.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, a million thoughts shooting through my head. I vaguely remembered seeing her at the party, so she would have seen Lucifer go back. Why would she be here looking for him?

"What do you want?" I asked again as she just stood there, staring down at me. I was completely ignored as she hummed. "What does he even see in you?" She questioned, tilting her head to the side.

"What?" I scoffed. If she just came here to insult me, she's wasting her time. "More than what he saw in you." I shot back at her as I got off the bed to face her.

"If there's nothing else, get out." I glared at her, tired of her attitude. I just wanted a nap and now she's ruined it.

"Calm down little devil." She chuckled as she reached over, trailing her nails down the side of my face before harshly gripping onto my jaw.

"There is something else I have in mind." She said, a sly grin working its way to her lips. I swallowed a breath, trying not to look as scared as I felt. Lucifer said she was dangerous and she was even about to murder him, she won't hesitate to do that to me.

"You can't hurt me." I growled out while trying to pull her hand off of me. It wasn't working, it just made her grip harder.

"I'm doing it now aren't I?" She asked, a smirk on her face. Any harder and I think my bones were going to break.

I had to stop her. "You can't do this. Lucifer's going to kill you." I threatened but her grip didn't loosen. Amari just stared at me struggling, her eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Hurting me is the same as hurting him." I continued, throwing out whatever I could think of to get her to let go.

"Because of his undying love for you?" She mocked, shaking her head. Maybe not but I have something a little more practical than that.

"No. Because of the contract we wrote."

Amari's grip loosened just slightly as she narrowed her eyes at me. "Contract?" She asked, like she was making sure she had heard me correctly.

"Yes. Now get your filthy hands off of me." I demanded.

She did as I asked but not before slicing a cut along my jaw with her nails, drawing blood. I couldn't read her expression as she brought her finger up to inspect it.

"You..." She trailed off, starting to chuckle. "You're a human." Her chuckle turned into laughter as she looked at me with maniacal eyes.

I froze. This was not suppose to happen. "What?" I breathed out while stepping back. "How? How did you know?"

Trying to put some distance between us before she tried to do something else, my legs hit the bed and I fell backwards onto it. I scrambled to crawl away, my heart was racing and I couldn't think straight. Did I let something slip?

"Little human. This makes everything easier." She said to herself as she watched me. All she did was reach out her hand and before I knew it, I was frozen in place.

My eyes widened in panic as I tried to move or talk but I couldn't. "Don't worry, I won't do anything to you. Yet." Amari chuckled and with a flick of her hand, I was involuntarily moving to stand.

"If hurting you is the same as hurting him," she repeated what I said as we started walking out of the room. "I'm sure he'll show up soon."

I was trying to resist, to not walk but I couldn't. It's like my body wasn't my body anymore.

Amari glanced over as we walked side by side. "Wondering how I found out?" She asked before answering herself.

"You gave yourself away." She paused to chuckle, "we only make contracts with humans. But just to be sure, your blood is red. Mine, is black."

It's too late to regret what I already said. I need to think of a way to get out.

"He's gone soft, falling for a human." She continued to talk as we walked toward the throne room. I guess the little tour Lucifer gave me made an impact.

"All the more reason for me to take over." She glanced over at me again. "And you'll be the one who brings him down."

The confusion must have reflected in my eyes, the only thing I still had control of, because she continued to explain. Or maybe it was because there's nothing I could do now to help.

"I've seen the way he looks at you. You're precious to him aren't you?" Amari let the question hang in the air as we entered the throne room, Lucifer no where to be seen yet.

"I wonder how you did it, to make him fall like that. Even after what I'd done."

She chuckled as we made our way up the steps, oblivious to the anger that was boiling in my chest. If I wasn't being controlled right now I'd lunge at her and rip her to shreds. She's a heartless monster and I hate her with all my heart for what she'd done to Lucifer.

But there's nothing I could do.

"What do you think he'll choose? His throne or you?" She asked as I stopped walking and stationed myself beside the throne. She trailed her fingers along the armrest as she continued, "it doesn't matter. You'll both die no matter what he chooses."

My eyes widened. I did kind of expect her to kill me, but Lucifer too? But if he chose the throne, how would she even lay her hands on him. He's made the mistake of trusting her before, he's not going to do it again.

"It's all thanks to you and your little contract darling." She chuckled as she continued to admire the throne.

"If he chooses you, he'll have to transfer his powers to me, making him weak. Then I'll kill you both." She started with the obvious one.

"But, if he chooses the throne," She paused, turning to to take a seat with a sly grin on her face. "I'll kill you, which would weaken him enough for me to kill him. Thanks to your contract."

Just as she finished, Lucifer's voice boomed through the room. "Kyra! What happened?"

He caught sight of me standing at attention by the throne. Lucifer! She's going to-

I tried to call out to him in my head but I was cut short. "I almost forgot about that." Amari chuckled. Whatever she did, I couldn't talk with my thoughts anymore. I should have used that chance more wisely.

I wanted to tell him to get out, to warn him about what Amari was planning. Honestly, I don't care if I died right now, I could just go up to heaven or be here with Lucifer in hell. But if he died, what would happen to him?

"Amari." Lucifer seethed as his eyes landed on her, sitting on his throne smirking over at him. I could practically feel the anger radiating off of him as he marched over.

"Enjoy the show." Amari said under her breath as she got up. This wasn't going to end well.

A/n

heyyy guysss!! i'm actually super excited, there's only three chapters left, including this one. soo i'm going to post one every day. 
hopes you're enjoying the story!! 

what do you think is going to happen ?