Chapter XXI - waking up to the rain

After the sunset, I got Lucifer to teleport us to the wedding venue, it's not like he wanted to walk there anyway.

We arrive at the front gates as I unwrap my arms from around his waist. I've only seen this place from pictures and drawn up sketches for what Leslie wanted it to look like for the wedding.

It was a building on the edge of a cliff with the perfect view of the water and sky. This place wasn't that far from the hotel so Leslie should already be here.

We entered the building, passing through a short hallway that showed no signs of a wedding. None of the decorations were up yet and it was just a few days away. "Leslie must be so stressed right now." I lean over and whispered to Lucifer.

The hallway opens up to this huge room with ceiling to floor glass panels facing the water, the room was just as bare as the hallway. I spot Leslie and Caleb standing in the middle, probably talking to the person in charge of the decorations. Leslie was pointing around, describing how she wanted the place to look like.

I gave them a small wave, not wanting to disturb them before bringing Lucifer over to the glass panels, where my parents were. They were discussing the decorations as we came up behind them.

"There's so much to do." Mum sighed. Weddings were great but the preparation for one was nothing if not tiring. "We could help." I chimed in as Lucifer nodded beside me.

Over the next few days, we spent almost every waking hour here, trying to get everything ready before the big day.

It was the night before the wedding and Leslie and Caleb were still doing some finishing touches, so were Mum and Dad. They had already sent the workers home, so it was just us now.

"Hey, we can finish up here." I called through the room to get their attention. "You two have a wedding tomorrow, go back and get some rest." I said, ushering the almost-wed couple out the room. Leslie reluctantly left, not before telling me all the last minute touches she wanted to finish.

I promised her I'd get it done.

Then I went back for my parents and pushed them out too, it was getting late and they've been working pretty hard the past few days. Time to get some rest. "Lucifer and I can handle this, don't worry." I assured them as we waved them goodbye.

Once they were gone, Lucifer turned to me with a sigh. "I've been working pretty hard too, don't I get to go back and rest?"

I let out a chuckle before pulling him back into the room, he's not getting away so easily. How could I finish everything left alone?

The place was almost ready, we had moved in all the tables and chairs and set up all the decorations. There was just a little bit left. "Could you get your little demon things to come and help?" I turned to Lucifer and asked.

They were the main reason I had pushed everyone out earlier, the little demons could finish up for us. Lucifer grinned at me as he waved his hand around, "I thought you'd never ask."

After that, all we had to do was direct the little things. It was much easier than doing it ourselves, and finally around midnight we were done.

I take a look around to make sure we didn't miss anything before collapsing to the floor exhausted. A second later, Lucifer fell to the floor too, somewhere on my right. I was too tired to keep my eyes open.

"We have to come back in the morning to put the flowers." I mumbled, getting a grumble and some incoherent words in return.

I throw my hand out in his general direction, barely awake as I said, "Could you take us back to the hotel, I'm way too tired to move."