another girl.

The day before the vacation started, Asteria was at her shaved ice shop. She was serving customers and trying to get money before she had to go on her horrible trip.

"So... a boy slept in your bed?" Shiloh wiggled his eyebrows. "Please, tell me everything."

Asteria's eyes slightly widened as she moved her eyes to Blair, who was holding a hand over her mouth.

Blair hissed, "Shiloh! You weren't supposed to say anything!"

"You told him?" Asteria hissed. "I told you to keep quiet."

"I'm sorry!" Blair threw her arms up in defense. "He was asking me why you looked so... conflicted?"

Asteria's eyebrows went together and she inhaled slowly, closing her eyes. "I'm not—" She brought her fingers up to mock quotations, "—conflicted.

"Sweetheart, you've been staring at the wall for hours with your eyebrows together." Blair said softly, patting her shoulder.

Asteria shrugged Blair's off her shoulder and turned around to cross her arms.

"He slept in my bed because there really was nowhere else he could sleep. We stayed away from each other the whole night and he left before I even saw him the next morning!" Asteria urged, "So can we please drop it."

Shiloh and Blair exchanged a look but nodded and agreed nonetheless.

The rest of the day was simple. Not a complaint, and Asteria seemed a bit more assertive.

That was until he walked in. With a girl.

"Hello, Asteria." Casper said as he approached the table, making her head turn.

"Casper." She inhaled slightly, glancing at Blair and Shiloh who were now discreetly watching. "What can I get you?"

"Coconut," He said with a small smile. "Since it's popular with the jackasses."

"Coconut," Asteria nodded. "And what can I get you?"

The girl next to Casper was a slightly shorter girl with blonde hair and brown eyes. She was gorgeous.

"Can I get.." She tapped her chin, "Mango?" 

"Yes, of course," Asteria smiled.

"How do you two know each other?" The girl asked, pointing between the two as Asteria passed the order to Blair.

"Her dad is best friends with my dad," Casper said. "We've known eachother since like, 4th grade."

"It's nice to meet you," The girl said, extending her hand for Asteria who shook it back. "I'm Justine."

"You as well, Justine," Asteria shook it firmly. "I'm Asteria. Your shaved ices will be out soon."

The two walked to a table and Asteria let down her customer service face and went to Shiloh and Blair in the back room.

"Fuck," Asteria rubbed her head. "That was awful."

"They seem to be arguing a little," Shiloh pointed to the two teenagers. Justine seemed angry, and Casper seemed defensive.

"I'm gonna have a hell of a vacation."