justine.

This crazy person had now merged into emailing Asteria through her personal email, which became even crazier to her mind.

Every day it seemed like a new email had popped up on her screen — like a freak horror movie had become real life. Detailed things about her life she had only shared to people around her.

Either this was someone she knew, someone who knew someone she knew, or someone seriously being stalkerish to her life.

"You seem spaced." Blair said softly, taking a bite of Asteria's sandwich. "What's going on?"

Asteria shook her head. "Nothing."

"You know I know when you lie," Blair said in a singing voice. Before Blair could continue to speak, two individuals walked into the shaved iced shop. Blair and Asteria ducked into the back room.

Justine and Casper.

"Ah, hello," Shiloh said as he approached the front. "How may I help you two?"

Casper looked around, his eyes busy, looking like he was looking for someone. Justine exhaled sharply and smiled at Shiloh.

"Can I get mango shaved ice, please?" Justine said softly. "Thank you."

"Yes, of course, and for you—" Shiloh moved his gaze to Casper, who was looking into the back room. "Um, what can I get you?"

"Coconut, please," Casper moved his gaze back to Shiloh. "Um, Is Asteria Clifford working today?"

Asteria's heart plummeted to her ass.

"Yeah, she is, but she's on break." Shiloh said, looking down at the floor. "Sorry. I'll get those mango and coconut shaved ices out in just a second, alright?"

The rest of the time Casper was in the shop, he was watching for Asteria. And when she finally came back from her "break", he excused himself and went up to her.

"Aster," He approached her. "Hey."

Asteria carefully looked up at Casper, smiled, and said. "Hey, Casper. Here again?"

"Yeah," Casper laughed gently. He began to scratch the back of his neck and said, "Hey, so, there is this middle of the summer bonfire on the beach this weekend and I was wondering if you wanted to go."

Asteria's cheeks heated up a little as she looked back at Blair, and Shiloh, who were watching intensely. She looked back at Casper.

"Who all is going to be there?" She asked.

"Some of my friends, and I'm assuming some of your friends." Casper nodded. "I'll drive and pick you up. If you'd like."

"I would—"

"Astreya!" Justine said as she walked up to Asteria. "How is it going?"

"It's Asteria," Casper and Asteria said at the same time. Casper's cheeks heated up and Asteria smiled at Justine.

"Justine, right?" Asteria hummed. "It's going well. How are you?"

"Good!" Justine nodded, wrapping an arm around Casoer's arm. "I forgot you work here. It's so cute."

"Thank you," Asteria said in a more questionable tone. "Are you enjoying your shaved ice?"

"Yes." Justine nodded. "We'll be going soon, though. Casper's taking me to dinner."

"I am?"

"It was lovely to see you, Asteria!" Justine interrupted Casper before taking his hand harshly and pulling him along. "Bye!"

Blair and Shiloh appeared beside Asteria as she stared at the two people walking down the street. Blair mumbled. "He looks like he wants to be dead."