Chapter seventeen

Sophia

School is over, thank God. Honesty I really didn't think this quarter would ever end.

I got in Zach's car and he started driving to his house. We walked inside and I went to the couch and turned on the tv.

"Do you want something to eat?" He asked from his kitchen.

"No I'm ok." I said, turning my attention back to the tv. His phone started ringing and he stepped outside after answering it. I didn't think much of it... until...

He walked back inside in a dazed look not even acknowledging my existence. He started walking up stairs when I called after him. He just kept walking, ignoring me. I walked after him and walked into his room before the door could close on me.

"Zach?" I said to get his attention. I walked up to him and gripped his hand. "You ok?" I awkwardly laughed.

"Can you not!" He said, ripping his arm from my hand. I flinched back from his tone startling me.

"I'm sorry. Hey what happened? You were fine like three minutes ago." I said, backing away from him.

I know he wouldn't hurt me but he's angry. It could happen.

"Nothing! Nothings wrong. Can't you just mind your business for once? I mean God forbid I want to spend a few damn minutes alone!" He yelled at me, causing me to jump back. My breathing got uneven as I started panicking.

Stop. You're fine. You're safe, Sophia. This is Zach. Stop.

"Yeah. Ok I'll leave you alone. I'll just be in the kitchen I guess-" I stuttered out before getting cut off.

"No Sophia! I want you out of my house! I don't want you here! I want you to leave!" He screamed, just barely stepping closer to me. I stepped back to where the door was right behind me.

Tears started coming to my eyes as I looked up at him. His eyes widened as he looked down at me but he didn't have time to say anything as I walked out. I didn't just walk out of his room, I fully left the house. I didn't have a car and my eyes were blurry from me crying but I didn't have a choice. I wasn't staying there with him in the angry state he was in. My phone was blowing up so I turned it off. Maybe not the brightest idea I've ever had but oh well.

I finally got home after probably an hour of walking around eight blocks. I hadn't stopped crying. I walked in and no one was home, thankfully. I went upstairs and dropped right in my bed, still brutally sobbing. I turned my phone back on to see who tried to get in contact with me.

99+ calls from 'Zach <3'
70 texts from 'Zach <3'
Location request from 'Zach <3'
Two messages from 'brother :)'

I looked at the texts from Zach and they mainly consisted of "answer" and "please" but no "I'm sorry's" and that caused me to cry even harder. He wasn't sorry he was just annoyed.

I texted him back saying I was fine but in all reality I'm not. And then I got the text...

Zach <3
Sophia I'm sorry but I can't do this.