Chapter twenty

Zachary

I woke up in a dark room I'd never seen before. It had one light in the middle of the room that made me have to adjust my eyes. I couldn't see anything due to how bright the light was.

Once my eyes adjusted, I saw one more chair with someone tied to it. I hadn't noticed who it was until they started stirring and they lifted their head.

It was sophia.

I started trying to get up but I quickly realized I couldn't because I was also tied down. When she saw me, her eyes widened, the tape over her mouth moving like she was trying to talk.

I heard footsteps walking towards us as she started looking scared.

"I told you Zachary. You needed to be there for me. Not your little girlfriend or she would get to finally meet your father." He said walking towards me. "You didn't listen. Now I get to meet her." He said standing next to me. "She's a pretty one." He said, leaning down towards me.

I jerked forward to try and get out of these restraints. I looked in her eyes to notice her crying. He walked over to her and ran his hand on her face, causing her to jerk her head away.

He gripped her chin and forced her to look at him. "Now, now, no need to be rude Sophia. I'm just trying to get to know my son's girlfriend." He said, making her eyes tear up.
"Hm not very chatty?" He asked her.

She just kept looking at me before her beautiful eyes widened feeling what was up against her head. As soon as I saw what it was, I started jerking out of the restraints. Feeling them loosen, I kept jerking, trying my hardest to get to her.

"Say bye-bye to your little friend." He said and just as I got out of the restraints, he pulled the trigger, causing me to scream out to her.

I jerked up looking around, tears still stinging my eyes. She jerked up as she heard me scream out.

"Hey! Hey it's ok. It's ok!" She said, grabbing my head to look at her.

"You- you're ok?" I stuttered, still crying thinking about what I saw just moments prior.

"Yes honey. I'm fine, I promise. It wasn't real. It was just a nightmare I promise." She said, pushing my hair off of my sweaty face.

"He was there. He was going to hurt you. I swear it felt so real." I said—still crying— digging my head into her chest and wrapping my arms around her waist like she was going to disappear.

"I know. I know but it wasn't real. He can't get to us. Not now and not ever. And hey," she gripped my chin softly so I would look in her eyes. "if he ever and I mean ever tried to touch you I swear to God I would kill him. Understand?" She said, wiping the last tears off of my face.

That was the hottest thing anyones ever said.

I nodded at her and leaned up to kiss her which she instantly did back. "Do you understand how hot you are right now?" I asked, kissing her neck. It's as if her presence instantly makes everything better.

She put her head back, giving me more access to her neck. I sucked on her neck, causing her to let out a whimper and close her eyes.