01.

A girl who sits at the age of 18 stares at her ceiling as her alarm goes off.

It's 5 already? she thinks.

She lets out a sigh and forces herself out of bed only to be met with cold air. Her hand reaches out for the blanket again, to be wrapped within its warmth, but then she stops herself as a voice rings inside her head.

It is the hypocrites that don't pray Fajr, would you like to be a part of them?

Shaking her head from side to side, the girl just as quickly drops her blanket and walks to her bathroom.

"Bismillah Hir Rahman Nir Rahin," she whispers before turning on the faucet to make Wudu.

Her hands are washed 3 times.

Then her mouth followed by her nose.

She moves on to her face, then her arms, and finally her feet–making sure that water reaches every part of her skin.

Carefully, she gets out her prayer mat for Tahajjud.

Only after praying 7 rakats did she let herself sit down to make dua.

"Thank you Ya Allah, for everything that you have done for me up until this point. Moving to Paris was never a part of my plan. Yet here I am. Today is the first day of fully submerging myself into this new society. Please help and make it easy for me. If I am to find friends, please make them part of the rightly guided. You know life has not been the easiest for me so please. Please Allah, make this the turning point for me. Ameen."

She lets out a contempt sigh and wipes away a single tear, finally ready to start the day as her heavy heart had been turned into one that was light because of the trust she held in her Lord.

To her, life had only recently become about living.

And before that? Well, she would consider that surviving.

Sadness.

Resentment.

Hurt.

Overthinking.

Insecurities.

And a whole lot of haram.

That was until she had turned herself over to Him and He accepted with open arms and mended her heart anew in a way no human would be able to.

Although she didn't know exactly what it was that Allah had in store for her, she trusted in him. She trusted in Qadr.

But of course, as time had shown Allah's plan for her would be greater than anything she could have dreamed of. She was on a road for a journey of pain, self betterment, friendship, and most importantly, love.

--------------------------------

The rest of the book will be in in first person POV, I just thought it would be cute to make the first chapter in third person.

If you see anything i can improve please DM on insta: user-thedesiroyal

word count: 400

Date Posted: 02/10/2022