26.

𝐻𝑒𝓇𝓈 ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

True to his word, I had received a letter every single day for the past week. And as if he thought that wasn't enough, they were always accompanied with a gift. I had gotten chocolates, a rose bear, a gold Dior bracelet, an array of candles, and six books. On top of that, he had written two poems about me. (Yes, you heard that properly. POEMS.)

If this is what he's giving me now, image what he would give me after we got married.

The fact that someone cared this much about me was mind boggling. I had the urge to return all of it. 

I sigh and change my train of thought. Wouldn't I have to get used to this?

Just because I was treated unfairly before, didn't mean I didn't deserve to be happy now. This happened to a lot of people didn't it? I was living the dream now.

And even though for some reason I felt like I didn't deserve all of this, I knew my feelings were telling me wrong.

I sift through the box I had designated to them. With every letter I read, the more I fell for him.

He had talked about how he admired how hard I tried to be religious, how kind and humble I was. Things I hadn't even known about myself.

He was coming back tomorrow. The time felt like it was ticking slower as I waited for tomorrow to come.

I had thought countless times to text him, but I knew I couldn't. This would stay halal.

I quickly close the box an place it on my desk as Dua runs into my room. In the past few days, everyone including my dad had bonded with her. They absolute loved her like family which was more than I could have asked for.

"Can we go out and get Ice-Cream?"

I had learned that she had a thing for sweets which wasn't a bad thing because I had a pretty big sweet tooth. "How about we pray zhur and then all of us can go out together?"

She nods and runs into my brothers room. "Ahmed uncle, do wudu and pray so we can go get Ice-cream."

He swivels around from his place at his desk to face her. "How many times have I told you to not call me Uncle. It makes me sound like an old man."

"You basically are an old man though," I retort and Dua snickers.

"Just call me bhaiya, it means brother." He rubs his eyes as if he had had enough of us.

"Bhaiya," she says slowly, trying the word out. Apparently she liked how it sounded because she agrees. "Okie, I'll call you bhaiya."

"That sounds a lot better. And I'll get ready soon, I just need to finish this." He goes back to studying as I walk out with Dua.

"He has to study so we should give him some quiet time." She nods and we walk downstairs to the kitchen together. She was a really understanding child. 

I had to give it to Omar, he had truly raised a wonderful girl. She had told me a lot of different stories of them together. From what I could tell, he had spoilt her within reason. She had gotten the perfect amount of discipline while also enjoying the money that they had.

Well, looks like I don't have to worry about if he's going to be a good dad.

Thoughts like these had plagued my mind for days. You could say I was infatuated.

After we had all prayed, we stack into my dads car and we all go to Posetto. It was a gelato shop that had recently become well-known.

My mom and dad got vanilla, I got pistachio, while my brother got hazelnut, and Dua got chocolate chip.

The shop was one block away from the Seine, so we all walked down the street together enjoying the gelato. Although it was only early February, it felt like spring.

That's global warming for you.

My parents walk ahead of us while me and Dua walk hand in hand and my brother is on my side, albeit looking down at his phone.

"Can you take some photos of us?" I ask him when he puts it away.

Once we were done, our parents come back to us.

"It's getting really cold. We should head back." My mom was right. It had gotten darker without us noticing.

"Can we stop at the Masjid on the way?" I ask.

My dad agrees and we all haul ourselves back to the car. 

I laugh as my brother jokes about something, unknowing of what would become of me in a few hours.

--------------------------------

press the star button for a cake slice 🍰

No? k here's the whole cake press star now (-_-)🎂

Also I finally got EVERYTHING under control and planned, there are going to be around 50 chapters inshallah <3

word count: 755

Date Posted: 02/26/2022