31.

𝐻𝑒𝓇𝓈 ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

I had been dispatched a few days ago and lord was I happy to be out. No one had been allowed to see me besides immediate family after the day I woke up so I hadn't seen Omar in a week.

The whole thing had happened so fast, I don't think my brain had fully processed the reality of the situation. It had definitely helped me deal with the pain though.

Ilaria and Razan were with me now. My parents had told them that I was returning today, so they had waited for me at my house to surprise me with sweets and we had reunited with a teary hug, talking with each other for a while before I had surprised them with the news.

"I still can't believe he asked this early. I thought waiting would mean...you know, actually waiting for a while," Ilaria exclaims.

"Me either. It was such a big surprise." I hadn't been ready for it at all and what had gotten to me even now was how ready and willing my dad was about the whole situation.

We had talked about what was going on their lives and made plans for the next day before they left.

I wobbled downstairs to find my whole family talking to each other. They all turn to look at me.

"Cyra!" My mom greets me with an overly happy face.

Weird.

I sit down at the table. "Yes Ma."

"So, Omar contacted us," I can feel my fathers eyes intently on me as I listen to my mom.

"What did he want?" I ask with the most nonchalant voice I can muster. I can see my brother trying to hold in a laugh from the corner of my eye.

"He wanted to ask if you would meet up with him to talk and get to know you better. Of course with your father there."

"Oh!" I had completely forgotten about the 'halal dates' or 'halal meetings' as Mufti Menk called them. "Ya I would like that. I don't really know him that well." Thinking it over, we had never really talked about all the things we liked, our futures, and our wants. As far as our conversations went, to the best of my memory, they were always very limited to halal things.

"I'll send on the message to him then," my father takes out his phone and starts texting him. "He's a good boy. I don't think I could have asked Allah for anyone better for you."

I internally scream. My family was talking about this in such a normal manner. Never in a million years would I have imagined my father to be talking about a man like this. Growing up, the second I brought a guy (obviously in a friendship context) he would instantly shut the conversation down. I had realized the topic of marriage was taboo around him.

So you could imagine how this conversation we were having right now seemed quite absurd to me. He had a straight face and everything. Down to business as usual. 

"He says in a week at 1," he looks up from his phone and waits for me to answer.

"Where?" I had to know what was awaiting me just so I knew what to dress in.

"He says he wants it to be a surprise but I would say dress formally. I know how you get with these things."

"Ok then. I'll go," my dad nods and sends another text on his phone.

 I internally sigh as I sit back in my chair. One week. That's all the time I had to pick an outfit and clear up my skin.

We can do this Cyra, we can do this.

--------------------------------

We're getting there guys, and I'm posting as many chapters as I can today to make up for the absence. 

A little venting session bcuz I can't pray rn: I have sm work and no motivation please make Dua for this laziness to go away it would mean a lot. It literally plagues me like why can't i just get up and finish the work so i don't procrastinate?? And the thing is I have so many dreams and ambitions that I want to accomplish and I have enough time in my day to move towards achieving those goals. But literally I waste half my day on my phone. And who's fault is it? Nones but mine. SMHHHH i literally just want it to go away. I feel drained.

Word count: 606

Date Posted: 03/07/2022