19.

I get out of the car and let Dua out of her seat before going to the trunk to get out the suitcase I had helped her pack.

Without turning around, I hear the house door open and her light footsteps as she walks up to the car.

"Guess who." I can hear the smile in her voice.

"The gorgeous women I bought these flowers for," I say as I turn around. Putting them in the trunk had turned out to be a good idea.

Her face turned to one of surprise before it set back into that pretty smile of hers.

"How did you know these were my favorite flowers?" She gushes.

"You mentioned it once." She was wearing grey sweatpants and an oversized hoodie that I assumed belonged to her brother, but somehow she still managed to look more beautiful than any other women I had ever seen.

"And there's a card here," she takes out the card I had written for her.

"You have to promise you'll read it after I leave." I was sure she would love what I had written for her. Or would she? I had put in a lot of time into it so at the least I think she would appreciate it.

She gives me a quizzical look. "Did you write a love letter?"

"Maybe." I could feel heat rising in my cheeks.

Shit. She could 100% see me blushing right now

The bigger question was why I was blushing right now. I'm surprised at the realization of just how much power this woman had over me.

"Cute," she mumbles which only prompts me to blush harder. Thankfully, her mom saves me by joining us.

"Omar, so glad you're here. Stay for some Chai."

"I can't aunty. My flight is soon and I can't be late."

"Next time then," she insists.

"InshaAllah. When I come to pick Dua up I will make sure to." Cyra's family was really nice and it warmed my heart seeing them all.

I close the trunk and walk up to the doorway with Dua's suitcase. "This should be all of her stuff, but if you ever need anything else or just a quiet place to go to, these are the keys to my house."

I hand over the keys to Cyra and she takes them.

"You trust me with these?"

"Of course I trust you. If you have any questions just text me and um—I'll see you in a week?"

"Ya, of course." She seemed slightly shy again.

My insides do a flip as I realize I'm the reason she was acting shy.

I had this effect on her, just like she had on me.

If only I could see her when she reads the card I wrote her. And what about the other things?

I smile as I think of her possible reactions.

"Don't miss me too much," I look down at her.

This prompts her to slap me lightly and laugh. "I really don't think we should be talking without supervision."

"I don't think so either," I respond.

Our eyes meet and I'm taken off guard by the puffiness of the area underneath.

"Are you okay?" How hadn't I realized sooner?

"Oh," she says as she puts a hand on her face, as if she was just realizing. "It was over something stupid. I promise everything's alright now."

"Cyra your feelings are valid no matter what they are. Even if you may think they're 'stupid' I promise you they're not." My hands itched to hug her, so I take a step back and put them behind my back.

"Wallah it's okay now Omar. Or...it will be anyway. I'm trying." She gives me a strained smile and takes Dua's suitcase inside the house.

"I'm always here if you need me to be. Maybe right now the best option would be to go to your friends, but I promise to you when I can I would drop everything if it was to console you and help you feel better." I meant it.

She was slowly taking control of my mind, slowly biting her way into my being.

"You truly mean it don't you," she said. Her voice held a tiny bit of disbelief in it.

"Of course I mean it Cyra," I say softly. I look at her for a moment before taking out the letter I had wrote from the bouquet. "I'm leaving now so you can read this. I hope it helps in clearing the doubts you have."

"If you say so." She takes the card back and places it inside of the bouquet. "Instagram stories," she explains.

I nod and give my Salam to Dua, Cyra's mom, and finally her.

I feel her eyes on me as I walk to my car.

"Omar," she calls.

I quickly turn around to look at her.

"I hope whatever it is your going through becomes better. And I promise I'll pray for you." She smiles again.

"Thank you Cyra, that means a lot."

If this was what I was feeling for her now, I couldn't imagine what I would feel for her after we married. And all we were doing was talking to each other.

This feeling I had was inexplainable. No words could describe how I was right now.

I smile as I get into my car.

She may not be mine yet, but we had made a promise. She gave me the strength to move forward. She cared.

And one day, with the will of الله SWT, she would be mine just as much as I would be hers.

I just had to get through my father first.

--------------------------------

A.N The fact that most of my characters are based off of ppl ik irl but Omar is a figment of my imagination -_- (okay so maybe he is based off of someone I know but he's not acc like this I made up almost everything) (ok second thought maybe I'm trying convince myself that I don't know him irl lol)

Press start for cookie 🍪 (& bcuz Omar is >>>)

word count: 945

Date Posted: 02/20/2022