04.

𝐻𝑒𝓇𝓈 ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

I had ended up getting the elderly woman's, Sara's, number as she had needed a babysitter for Dua. It had worked out since I needed money.

I turn to the side, grabbing my phone off my nightstand. It was 4:40.

I'll get up when my alarm goes off.

Going through my phone, I realize that the cafe I had applied to had accepted my application. They wanted to know if I could do an interview and follow up training today. I reply that I could.

I check my messages & see that Ilaria had sent me a video. It was an Islamic tiktok. I watch it through fully, before deciding it would be better to get up now so that I could have some time to recite some extra Quran.

And with that I began my day, as every Muslim should, with Allah ﷻ.

----------------♡----------------

"Ma, I have this job interview today," I tell her, knowing she would get mad if I didn't.

"If you want to spend more time away from your mother," she complains.

"It's not going to be too many days, I promise," I say as I plant a kiss on her forehead. "I made breakfast for you and dad. It's in the oven."

"Your brother is coming home in a few days so move your stuff from the other room," she reminds me.

"I'll do it when I get back home. I have to go now. Assalamu alaikum."

Hopping into my car, I type the address into navigation and start driving.

Enjoying the silence of the car, I smile. I remember a time when my hands would itch to start my playlist whenever I was in here. Alhamdulillah, I had stopped the habit. 

It took a while and a lot of effort, but I never looked back after that.

Getting out of my car, I look up at the cafe in front of me. It was gorgeous. It spanned 2 floors high and had that signature French architecture every building in Paris seemed to have.

The area it was located had a low amount of tourists and the cafe itself was closed out from the surrounding world by an array of trees and tall shrubs.

I walk in through an open gate and immediately feel my nerves dissipitate.

The outdoor area was decorated with lights, outdoor seating, and plants. The building itself had clear windows and I could see different cakes and desserts on display.

I turn my attention from the cafe back to why I was here.

For my dress, I had opted for a black balloon sleeve with little roses on it as I didn't want any spills to show but still wanted to look presentable and modest.

The decoration and aura of the shop helped in calming me down. It looked even prettier on the inside.

Walking up to the cashier, I realize that Dua was sitting on the stool behind the counter.

I blink twice to make sure I wasn't hallucinating before letting a smile widen my face.

"Dua, what are you doing here," I ask.

She looks up from her iPad, which was very surprisingly clean, and automatically smiles.

"Oh my God! Cyra! What are you doing here?"

"I asked you first, silly," I laugh.

"My dad owns it. Well, actually my brother opened this shop with my dad's money. So basically, he owns it. I think," she blinks her eyes a few times. "It's very complicated. Anyways, now you answer my question. Why are you here?"