22.

Breath in, one.

The pilot opens the door for me. "Sir, we have arrived. Your driver will escort you the rest of the way to your father."

Breath out, two.

I nod as I quietly get out of my seat and follow the pilot out of the jet.

Breath in, three.

The cold air burns my nostrils as my breath turns into smoke and dances away.

Breath out, four.

I look up. The sky looked pretty.

Wait-the sky.

That's right, the sky.

Her.

A sense of comfort washes over me as I look intently at the sky.

I had her. Or at least, something she helped me see. A memory.

I didn't know why, but every time I would see my father my reality would become distorted. It was as if I was seeing a dream that I couldn't control.

I could feel my movements, I hear the sounds, but it wasn't me.

I watch as I'm lead to the car, and I can hear the door closing behind me.

The car starts driving and I make no attempt to thank neither the pilot nor the driver.

I make an effort to open my mouth, but it doesn't move.

I turned into a cold robot. What my father wanted me to be. Obedient. The perfect son.

I was wearing a black suit and my hair was done perfectly, not a hair out of place.

Why was I like this every time?

Because you're scared of him.

My insides freeze as I face the thought.

Did my father scare me?

Maybe it's what he can do that scares you more.

I had never stood up to my father for anything he had done.

And now, as the driver took me closer to my father than I had been in months, the peaceful mind that I had tried so hard to build slowly started crumbling. The petrified little boy that I used to be returned.

I just hoped I would be able to leave with a sane mind intact.

--------------------------------

A.N I'm on vaca so I wasn't able to post yesterday, get ready for 4 updates today to make up for it :)

Question: Why do you think Omar and his fathers relationship is like this?

Word count: 312

Date Posted: 02/24/2022