Chapter 1

I've just gotten home from school, My best friend Ash decided to come over for a few hours.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" I drop my backpack on the couch then I walk into the kitchen washing my hands.

"No, I'm gonna wait until later." Ash walks over to the couch and sits.

"Okay, also did you get the homework for science class?" I open the freezer digging into it and I grab a banquet meal then pops it into the oven.

"Now you know I don't listen to a damn thing in school." He chuckles.

"Of course." I walk over joining him on the couch then grabs the remote and turns the TV on "Anything you wanna watch?"

"Hmmm, some family guy."

I go on Hulu and begins playing family guy "Ash, are you gonna miss me when we leave for college?"

"Of course I am, you've been my best friend for years, I don't know what I would have done without you in middle school and high school." He smiles.

"Aw, that's so sweet." I smile then leans in hugging him tightly.

"There's actually something that I wanted to tell you." He turns to me "Because now I feel like it's the perfect time to let you know."

"Yes?"

Before he could speak the front door opens and my mother walks in carrying grocery bags "Hey baby, Hey Ash." She smiles at us both and sets the groceries down.

"Hey mom."

"Hey Ms. Greenwell." He replies.

"I was gonna make some dinner later because we have a guest coming over, he'll be here in a couple of hours so can you set everything up while I go change?" She sets her keys on top of the counter and kicks her shoes off.

"Okay, but wait, whose coming over?" I stand and walks over to the groceries and begins unpacking the stuff.

"Someone you haven't met yet, just get everything ready." She walks off upstairs.

"Looks like your mom has a new boyfriend." Ash says.

"I hope not, i'm tired of her bringing other men around me." I grab some pans washing them out then sets it on top of the oven.

"Who else could it be? plus she said he'll be here"

"My mom hasn't brought anyone back home in about 4 months, hopefully she hasn't been trying anymore."

"You should just accept that your mom and dad aren't getting back together, they both are gonna move on." He walks over to me.

"I don't care, but what was it that you were gonna say to me before my mom walked in?"

"Oh, never mind about that, it's stupid." He begins helping me get everything together.

"No, tell me, you can't tell me that you have to tell me something and then say never mind" I pull on his arm "Tell meeee."

"It's not that serious" He laughs "Stop worrying about it."

My mom walks back downstairs "Okay, thank you for the help." She gets started on cooking "Why don't you go upstairs and change, find something nice to wear?"

"Why, the outfit I have on right now isn't good enough for whoever this guest is?" I sit on top of the counter.

"I have to cook there, get down." My mom pulls me off of the counter "And your outfit looks okay, I just want you to find something a little better."

"Okay fine." I roll my eyes "I'll be right back." I walk off upstairs and into my room closing the door behind me.

I slip out of my clothes then begins looking through my closet for something to wear, I didn't know exactly who this person was gonna be but I had a strong feeling it was someone my mom is seeing.

I slip into a knee length black dress and some black flats, I leave my hair down straight then leaves my room joining them back downstairs.

"That's better, plans changed, he's gonna be here early so i'm gonna need some help in the kitchen." My mom says.

"Okay." I walk into the kitchen and begins helping her, she was making honey BBQ ribs, homemade mashed potatoes, and fiesta corn, my favorite.

But I was more focused on who this mystery man was, she hasn't even told me about this new person so how long ago did they meet?

                    ********************

It's about two hours later, Ash has went home and I was waiting at the dinner table for my mom's company.

A few minutes later there was a knock on the door, My mom rushes towards the door and opens it up, I turn to get a better look at this man, he didn't look that bad, he looked like he was younger than my mother.

"Hey baby." He leans in kissing my mom on the lips.

"Hey, there's someone I want you to meet." My mother grabs his hand and leads him into the dining room "Jasmine, this is my boyfriend Ryan, Ryan this is my daughter"

"It's nice to finally meet you after so long." Ryan smiles and holds his hand out for me to shake but I ignore it.

"Hey, nice to meet you too." I didn't want to be rude so I force a smile.

"You can just take a seat anywhere." My mom begins putting some food on everyone's plate then takes a seat.

"Food smells delicious." Ryan picks up his fork and begins eating "And is delicious."

"Thank you." My mom smiles.

"So how long have you both been dating?"

"We've been going out for about 5 months, I didn't wanna bring him home straight away, I wanted to give you some time." My mom begins eating.

"Oh." I didn't know what to say and I didn't know if she wanted to be okay with this but i'm not.

"Yeah, there's always something more important that I need to tell you tonight."

"What is it?"

What could be worse than this?

"Me and Ryan talked and we thought about moving in with each other, we've been dating for long enough so now we want to take the next step and move in with each other and see how things go."

"Please tell me you're joking." I sit there with my mouth dropped open, she drops two bombs on me tonight, first she's been dating for months and now she wants to move in with this man that I don't even know nothing about.

"I'm not, I wanted to tell you earlier but I felt like now was a good time, we're moving in with him in 2 days so I expect everything to be packed by then."

"You can't just come and drop a bomb on me like that!" I stand slamming my fork down "I have a life here, I have friends, school, I don't just wanna start over when i've built so much here!"

"I know sweetie, I know you don't wanna leave this all behind but I've finally found someone for me and I want things to work out between us both, please try giving things a chance?" My mom stands and is about to walk over to me as I take a few steps back.

"No, i'm not leaving."

"Jasmine, please just try to listen to your mother."

"I don't even know you so don't talk to me, I said i'm not going anywhere so stop asking." I storm off and up the stairs into my room slamming the door behind me. I walk over to my bed laying down and begins thinking about leaving everything behind, I wasn't ready for this.

"Jasmine!" My mom begins knocking on my door "I know you're angry about everything but I love Ryan, we're moving in with him whether you like it or not." I can hear her foot steps walk off.

This sucked so bad.

-
-
-

Tell me what you think so far.