Chapter- 10

Chaos erupted in the maid quarters.

The screams of the guards had drawn the attention of some maids as well as other guards stationed around the area. The first one to arrive at the scene were Misa and Sarah.

"Oh my—" Misa slapped her palm over her mouth as the content of her stomach threatened to spill out.

Sarah held her tightly from behind, not doing any better then her daintier counterpart. She had grown pale and her legs wobbled, yet she stood with her legs planted on the ground.

"Are you okay?" She asked Misa quietly.

Misa's shoulders quaked and her stomach convulsed and rumbled. Freeing herself from Sarah's death grip on her forearms somehow, she barely managed to run to the side. Bile quickly climbed the walls of her stomach and throat. Her mouth spewed out the acidic vomit. She teared up at the internal force which twisted her guts and forced out the content.

The sound of retching drowned out most of the other background noises. Yet, during the few seconds of calm in between, Misa could hear screams and whispers. Through her blurry vision, she saw guards approaching.

"Poor rice and soup." Misa heard Sarah speak sadly, "Wasting away like this." She rubbed Misa's back and held her hair. "Wish there was a way we could revert back the vomit to it's original state. Edible again, you know."

Misa heaved up more violently.

"What happened here?" One of the guards asked, taking in the horrific scene.

Misa looked up to see the guards eyeing them suspiciously.

"We don't know." Sarah shook her head, glancing at the trembling form of Misa. "There were screams, so we came to check."

Distrust clouded the guards' faces. They looked at each other before reluctantly permitting them to go back to their rooms. Other maids, who had followed and gathered there, were also sent back.

"Ada," Misa murmured. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand with a grimace.

"I didn't see her." Sarah rubbed Miss's back as they stepped in the hallway. "She must be sleeping."

"No way she is sleeping through such ruckus." Misa frowned."Let's check on her."

Sarah nodded.

"We should also ask her to move to our room." Misa knocked on the door.

Only for the door to open with the meagre amount of force.

"She didn't lock the door—" Sarah questioned as Misa threw open the door in panic.

No one was there.

"Ada?" Sarah called out to no one in general, annoyed. "Goddess, where are you hiding? How did you even find a place to hide in such a tiny space?"

"I don't think—" Before Misa could complete her sentence, a heavy voice interrupted.

"Why are you two not in your rooms?" The guard from before asked. Misa turned around frantically, shutting the door behind her.

"Oh, we came here to check in on Ada—"

Misa sharply elbowed Sarah in the gut but she had already spoken out. Misa could do nothing but gauge the guard's reaction. He was frowning, his brows set in a deep crease. She gulped meanwhile her thoughts ran amok.

Ada is not in her room.

Two guards were found dead near the backdoor.

They were screaming before dying.